Medical Malpractice Lawyers That Fight For Patients Rights
Medical Malpractice Legal Help
Medical malpractice occurs when a person sustains an injury or wrongful death due to negligent care by a medical professional or medical institution.
If you suffer harm that could have been avoided under normal standards of care, then you may have a valid case for seeking injury compensation.
You may have to prove that the health care provider was “grossly negligent,” so contact The Brown Firm and we’ll put our legal and medical experience to work for you.
Medical malpractice can come in many forms, including:
- Birth injuries – injuries to the child and mother during the birthing process, such as broken bones, brain damage, and even cerebral palsy.
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose – incorrect treatment that results in harm to the patient, or a failure to treat a condition in time. Emergency room errors are a common cause.
- Medication errors – this is the most common form of medical malpractice. A doctor may prescribe the wrong drug, hospital staff may give an incorrect dosage, or a pharmacist may dispense the wrong medication.
- Surgical errors – examples include operating on the wrong part of the body, making mistakes that cause loss of a bodily function or even paralysis, or not providing adequate care after surgery. Inadequate care after surgery can also lead to post-operative infections.
The Brown Firm is a wonderful firm! They came to my case in the middle and had to untangle a mess. They did so with great dedication and skill. They are thorough, decisive, and very knowledgeable. I was grateful to have them in my corner. Thanks to them, we won. Even after our case was finished they made certain I understood what my future options were, and how to navigate things going forward. They are a lifesaver.
Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim
Trying to file a medical malpractice case on your own can be nearly impossible. It will take the talents of an experienced medical malpractice attorney if you want to win your case and obtain the compensation that you deserve.
In order to prove a medical professional was negligent it will be up to your Savannah medical malpractice lawyers to prove the following to the insurance companies:
- The medical professional owed the injured person a certain standard of care.
- The duty of care was breached.
- The patient was injured as a result of this breach.
- The patient suffered significant damages, such as pain and suffering, lost wages or medical expenses due to the injuries that were sustained.
Understanding Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations varies depending on the type of injury suffered. For example, in Georgia, the general statute of limitations for a medical malpractice lawsuit is two years. However, there are rare exceptions that can either extend or shorten a patient’s time limit for filing a lawsuit.
The statute of limitations for medical malpractice in Georgia or South Carolina falls into one of two categories:
- Medical malpractice claims following a “failure to diagnose” may be given a limited extension by the court, depending on the facts of the claim. In these cases, the two-year time limit begins on the date the injury was realized.
- Medical malpractice claims resulting from an injury must be filed within two years from the date of the injury.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Receive Compensation for Your Medical Malpractice Injuries
If you suffered an injury and believe it was due to a medical malpractice error, you could be entitled to receive compensation for the following:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Home health care
- Physical therapy
We all rely on medical professionals to make us well, so when their actions lead to worsening our condition, or further injury, they should be held fully liable for the damage they inflicted.
Contact A Medical Malpractice Attorney
At The Brown Firm, we represent people who have been injured as a result of others’ negligence, including victims of medical malpractice. We also work with medical experts for a thorough understanding of your case.
Our expert lawyers have many years of experience dealing with medical malpractice cases throughout the state of Georgia and South Carolina.
We understand that each and every client has specific goals, like seeking proper medical care or being compensated for time missed from work.
Our law firm’s superior customer service is backed by a staff that truly cares about you, and an attorney who has the gratitude, understanding, and compassion for your specific circumstances.
Are you the victim of medical malpractice? Contact one of our top-rated medical negligence attorneys in Savannah, Atlanta, or Athens, GA, or Okatie, SC to determine if you are eligible for compensation.
If you or a loved one were injured and need help, our skilled Savannah and Georgia personal injury lawyers will be at your side every step of the way with legal advice and representation.
Our Recent Personal Injury Articles
If you were injured in an accident in Georgia or South Carolina that wasn't your fault, learn tips for choosing a quality personal injury attorney.
George was seriously injured when a reckless, intoxicated driver rear-ended him. Find out how The Brown Firm helped him get the compensation he deserved.
LT was rear-ended by a commercial vehicle weighing one ton more than her car. Learn how The Brown Firm secured fair compensation after an insulting offer.
Motorcycle accidents are often more complicated than you might expect. Find out how a lawyer can help you pursue fair compensation.
Medical malpractice cases can be complicated, including the deadline of the statute of limitations. Learn the complexities and how an attorney can help.
Were you injured in a car accident as a passenger? You are likely entitled to compensation, but getting it may be complicated. Here’s what to do.
If you’re suffering from hip pain after a car accident, follow these steps to protect your long-term health and financial recovery you may be entitled to.
Survival actions tend to get confused with wrongful death claims. Learn how they’re different, which might be best for your family, and how a lawyer can help.
Injured in a car accident in Georgia or South Carolina that wasn’t your fault? Here’s how to prepare for your initial consultation with a car accident lawyer.
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (800) 529-1441 or completing our simple online form.