If you are suffering due to a Slip and Fall accident that was not your fault, our personal injury attorneys can help increase your chances of getting a large settlement.
Slip and fall accidents are more difficult to win than other types of personal injury cases, such as car accidents. There are specific things you have to prove to be able to win a Slip and Fall case:
Slip and fall cases are based on the ideology of negligence:
- Whether or not the property owner acted carefully in preventing a slip and fall on their grounds.
- Whether the victim acted recklessly in not seeing or avoiding the thing they slipped on.
Table of Contents:
- Prove the defendant was negligent
- Prove the victim did not act recklessly
- Prove there were damages
- Steps to take after a slip and fall
- Call The Brown Firm
Prove the Defendant Was Negligent
To obtain a settlement for your slip and fall injury, your attorney must be able to prove that the defendant was negligent or reckless and due to their negligence you slipped and fell and injured yourself.
An experienced personal injury attorney should be able to prove fault in a slip and fall accident by thoroughly examining the scene of the accident and all factors leading up to the accident. They should then present the irrefutable evidence that proves the defendant's negligence was the cause of your slip and fall accident injury.
Prove the Victim Did Not Act Recklessly
Victims injured in a slip and fall accident also have to prove that they did not act recklessly causing the accident. If there were wet floor signs and the victim still slipped it would be difficult to win due to that the victim knew that the floor was wet. Or if the victim had entered an "employee only" area and fell this would also be difficult because the victim went into an area that did not have the same safety precautions than areas for the public. Another thing is if the victim knew about this danger prior to the accident.
To prove that you did not act recklessly document everything. If you are able to take pictures of the area, what you slipped or tripped on, the surrounding area, and any other important information. Get eye witness statements if possible. Have an incident report taken of the accident.
Prove Damages Incurred
In order to file a slip and fall claim or prove damages, proof of lost wages and medical bills must be presented. Supplying your attorney with all the necessary documentation, including medical records to prove your accident occurred and injuries were sustained, is vital to winning your case and obtaining a settlement.
This process can be difficult for unrepresented victims, so hiring a slip and fall attorney can help solidify your claim. Your attorney will also need to review your pain and suffering in order to accurately present your case and obtain the rightful settlement for your injury.
If You Were Injured in a Slip and Fall, Follow these Next Steps:
- Report the accident- Report your accident to the owner or manager of where it happend, create an incident report if possible.
- Seek Medical Care- As soon as possible after the accident seek medical care. This will help your chances of getting compensation for your injuries.
- Take Pictures- Take pictures of what caused you to fall, the surrounding area, and your injuries if visable.
- Witness Information- If there were any witnesses to the accident get their information and statement. This will be very crucial to the case.
- Hire Legal Help- Slip and Fall cases are difficult, and having a personal injury lawyer will help you navigate the legal system and increase your chances of winning a settlement.
If you are suffering from the repercussions of a Slip and Fall Accident Injury due to the negligence of another, The Brown Firm can help!
Related Blog: Long Term Effects From Slip and Fall Accidents
Call The Brown Firm
If someone's lack of responsibility caused your slip and fall injury, our committed slip and fall lawyers will fight for the compensation you deserve!
We understand that your injuries can lead to substantial and costly medical bills, lost wages, and a lifetime of pain and suffering.
Hire our experienced Slip and Fall Attorneys in Atlanta, Athens, or Savannah, Georgia for the opportunity to win a large settlement for your case.
Click on the Link Below for a Free Slip and Fall Consultation with one of our knowledgeable Georgia Personal Injury Attorneys.