What is a Side-Impact Accident?
A side-impact accident, also known as a T-bone or broadside collision, is a type of car crash in which one vehicle strikes the side of another. These accidents can happen head-on or at an angle. Side-impact collisions can cause intense damage to cars and result in severe injuries or death for the occupants of the struck vehicle.
What Are Common Causes of Side-Impact Accidents?
Side-impact accidents can happen for various reasons, and identifying the cause of the collision is an essential step in building a solid accident claim. Therefore, being aware of these factors and driving safely is essential to prevent side-impact accidents.
Common causes of side-impact accidents include:
- Driving over the speed limit
- Driving distracted
- Driving during inclement weather
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Running a red light
- Driving recklessly or aggressively
Common Injuries After Side-Impact Accidents
Certain injuries occur at a higher rate during side-impact collisions than others. Because of the damage that can occur when one vehicle crashes into the side of another, many injuries associated with these types of accidents are very severe and require significant recovery times.
- Internal Bleeding: The sheer force of the accident may cause internal bleeding.
- Whiplash: This neck injury occurs during impact when your neck whips back and forth, leading to torn tendons, muscles, and ligaments.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries like traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can occur during a side-impact collision.
- Spinal Injuries: Back and spine injuries like fractured discs, slipped discs, herniated discs, or even damage to the nerves along the spinal cord may also occur.
Contact the Car Accident Lawyers at The Brown Firm Today
The auto accident attorneys at The Brown Firm have a wealth of experience handling car accident claims. We understand that the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident can be a challenging and stressful time for injury victims. That’s why The Brown Firm offers free consultations to auto accident victims in Georgia and South Carolina. Contact us today at 800-529-1441 for a free consultation, and let us help you through this difficult time.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (800) 529-1441 or completing our simple online form.