Disregarding Stop Signs

What is Disregarding Stop Signs?

Ignoring stop signs is the same as breaking the rules of the road because it signifies you didn’t come to a complete stop. Most of the time, disregarding stop signs is considered a misdemeanor, and the punishments for it include monetary fines, points on your driving record, and occasionally time spent in jail.

If you are driving and come across a stop sign, you are required to come to a complete stop before the next defined line, crosswalk, or intersection. This rule applies regardless of how the stop sign is marked. This also applies to red lights that are steady rather than blinking. If you violate this law, a law enforcement officer has the authority to pull you over and issue you a citation for disobeying stop signs.

When it comes to making turns at red lights, drivers are required to be familiar with a number of restrictions. Even though you are permitted to make a right turn at a red light unless the intersection has specifically said otherwise, you are still required to come to a complete stop before beginning your turn.

What Are the Penalties for Disregarding Stop Signs?

Stop sign violations are normally considered to be misdemeanor charges and can result in monetary fines as well as the accumulation of points on a driver’s license.

The fine for disobeying stop signs or red lights is often in the range of $200 to $250, although the maximum amount that can be imposed for a misdemeanor is $1,000. There is also a possibility of serving up to a year in jail for a misdemeanor conviction, although this consequence for a traffic offense is extremely unusual.

Your driving record will often receive an additional three points if you are convicted of ignoring stop signs or red lights. However, if you enroll in and successfully complete a course on defensive driving, you might be able to avoid having these points added to your driving record.

It is in your best interest to keep as few points on your driving record as you possibly can. If you accumulate too many points, you risk having your license suspended. You have the option to get a copy of your driving history if you are unsure of the number of points that are currently listed on your driving record.

Stop sign violations typically results in additional points being added to a driver’s record, which in turn leads to higher insurance premiums. Your insurance provider will view you as more of a liability, which will result in an increase in the amount of your monthly payment.

Contact an Auto Accident Attorney

If you were involved in an accident because the other driver ran a stop sign, you deserve to be compensated for any damages and injuries that were sustained.

Disregarding stop signs can be a serious offense, especially if an accident occurs.

You will need the help of an experienced lawyer if you want to file a claim for compensation against the negligent person.

At our firm, we have a team of attorneys with years of experience representing auto accident victims.

Contact us to schedule a free consultation today.

What Impact Does the Abstract Have on Property Transfer?

Any transfer of property results in the creation of rights, but it may also bring with it liabilities. There are various ways to transfer property, all of which include the real estate’s title. Title transfers (deeds) come in a variety of forms, including:

  • A warranty deed makes claims about the title. Technically, it does not guarantee that the title is fair and marketable, but it does declare that the seller will protect your ownership interests in the property if the title is contested by another party.
  • Similar to a warranty deed, a limited warranty deed restricts the extent to which the parties will defend the deed (such as against particular classes of people or claims)
  • A quitclaim deed is a transfer deed that simply transfers all of the seller’s rights in the property to the buyer; it makes no promises whatsoever.
  • When a person is chosen by the court in a probate case to transfer property to an heir or another party, an administrator’s deed manifests. The official term of the deed changes to “executor’s deed” if a will is included to reflect the fact that an executor, not an administrator, completes the transfer.

If you’re in a disagreement over anything that happened on someone else’s property, especially something like a slip-and-fall or careless security, make sure you contact an experienced Personal Injury Attorney for legal help.


Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?

Contact The Brown Firm

Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve

You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild.

Schedule your free consultation by calling (800) 529-1441 or completing our simple online form.

Schedule Your Free Consultation

If you or a loved one were injured and need help, our skilled personal injury lawyers will be at your side every step of the way.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.