If you’ve been Injured in a Car Accident, and it wasn’t your fault, it’s important to know what to do and who to turn to for help.
Getting injured in a car accident is something you should never take lightly. How will you find time to recover when you’re busy worrying about the hassles of renting a car, dealing with insurance companies, and missing work?
Below is a short list of four important things you should do if you’re involved in a car accident.
4 Important Things You Should Do After Being Injured in a Car Accident, and It Wasn't Your Fault
1. Call 911 Immediately – This will cover many items including:
- Requesting police to the scene to write a police report.
- Having EMS report to the scene if there are severe injuries.
Regardless of how badly you’ve been injured, it is a good idea to go to the hospital to be properly examined. Remember to follow up with any additional treatments.
2. Document the Accident – Make sure you get the name and phone number of everyone involved in the accident and anybody that witnessed the accident. It’s also important to take pictures of the damage to both vehicles and document to the best of your ability what happened, including any injuries you experienced. Having written documentation and photographs readily available will be beneficial to support your claim.
3. Wait for the Police to Arrive – If both parties are fine to drive, and vehicles can be driven, either keep the car stable or move it to a safer area like the shoulder of the road. When law enforcement arrives on the scene, be prepared to provide detailed information about the accident.
4. Contact The Brown Firm – A Personal Injury Attorney from The Brown Firm will discuss your case, and best determine how you may be compensated for your medical bills, damages to your car, loss of wages and any other damages you may have suffered.
We will help you work through the process to get back on your feet and move forward with your life. Insurance companies have lawyers that know how to work the system to pay you as little as possible. You need to have a competent Car Accident Lawyer on your side that can fight back and get you the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
Contact the South Carolina and Georgia Auto Accident & Personal Injury Attorneys at The Brown Firm Today
Our team of Car Accident Attorneys understands how difficult and stressful it can be when you are involved in an injury and how overwhelming the process can be to file a claim.
Related Article: 5 common reasons for car accidents
Let The Brown Firm help you with your case. We understand customer service, so you’ll work directly with a lawyer and a team who will call you back, help you understand your legal options, and fight for what you deserve.
With three offices located in the State of Georgia including Savannah, Atlanta, Athens, and one in Okatie, South Carolina, you can rest assured that our Car Accident Attorneys will go the distance to handle your case and won’t stop until we get results. To schedule a free consultation, please call us at (888) 391-9112 or click the link below.