Many people are taken advantage of by insurance companies and do not receive a fair compensation from their Car Accident claims.
In order not to get taken advantage of after you have been in a Car Accident there are a few things you need to remember:
- Do not give any insurance company a recorded statement without speaking with an attorney first.
- Do not admit fault or apologize to the other driver, this can be seen as an admission of guilt. By admitting fault the other driver will have no legal liability to cover possible injury related costs.
- Do not sign anything without knowing what you are signing. Insurance companies want to close accident claims as fast as possible.
- Wait to call your insurance company until you have had time to calm down and process everything that happened in the accident. You do not want to say something that could be interpreted as admission of guilt. It is recommended that you speak with an experienced attorney before you make the call to your insurance company.
- Do not ignore injuries, even ones that may seem minor at the time. What you think is a minor injury could turn out to be more serious. It's always good to seek medical attention after being in a Car Accident.
- Be consistent with your medical treatment. If you are trying to make a claim it is very important to follow your doctors orders. Your medical doctor will strengthen your claim with the insurance company.
It is very easy for a person to be taken advantage of after being in a car accident. Even if you follow all of these tips you may still end up not receiving the compensation you are entitled too.
Your best option to ensure you do not get taken advantage of by an insurance company is to contact an experienced Personal Injury Attorney.
The Brown Firm has a team of experienced Car Accident Attorneys who can make sure you are not taken advantage of after being in an accident.
If you have been in a car accident and need professional help, click on the link below for a Free Consultation with one of our expert Car Accident Attorneys.
Ready for more? Check out our last post on what information you need after a car accident.