Getting Payment for Vehicle Damage in an Accident
One of the first concerns after being involved in a Car Accident has to do with the damages that were caused to your vehicle, especially if it isn't drive-able.
If your Car Accident was caused by someone else's careless driving, you are entitled to receive compensation for any damages that occurred to your vehicle at the time of the accident.
Table Of Contents
- How Am I Paid For Vehicle Damages?
- Choosing The Right Law Firm After A Car Accident
How am I Paid for Vehicle Damages?
Being properly compensated for vehicle damages after an accident is extremely important. Most people do not have the money lying around to purchase a new car or make extensive repairs that they were not prepared to make.
In order to help you better understand the process of obtaining compensation for car damages after an accident, there are some guidelines you should follow. It is possible for you to receive payment for your losses from the following sources:
1. Liability Coverage under the At-Fault Party's Insurance: If someone else was at-fault for your accident, it's important to get their insurance company to accept fault. Once the insurance company accepts fault, they will usually pay a standard amount to repair your vehicle. Many insurance companies will prolong this process and take days or weeks to accept liability, which means your car may not be repaired in a timely manner.
It's also important to note that the insurance company may try and deny the claim altogether or place partial fault on you so they do not have to pay as much to repair your vehicle. For these reasons, it's crucial to hire a Car Accident Attorney to protect your legal rights.
2. Collision Coverage under Your Insurance: Another way to obtain compensation for vehicle damages is to go directly through your own insurance company. This however leaves you responsible for paying your policy deductible before the insurance company will make the repairs. There is possibility that you will receive reimbursement for the deductible if the other party's insurance company does indeed accept fault.
Unfortunately, if you decide to go this route, you may also be responsible for paying any rental car fees without reimbursement coverage if you do not have this under your own policy.
It is highly advised that you seek the help of a personal injury attorney before you decide to front the money for any vehicle repairs. Speaking with an attorney before you make any big decisions could save you money and unwanted stress.
3. Uninsured Motorist Coverage under Your Insurance Policy: If the driver who caused the accident does not have car insurance, you are protected under your insurance policy's uninsured motorist coverage.
Depending on the type of accident that you were involved in, you may be responsible for paying a deductible in order to repair all of the damages of your vehicle.
Even if you find out that the at-fault driver was uninsured, you should still seek the legal expertise of an experienced Car Accident Attorney. An attorney will be able to point you in the right direction before you make any decisions that could potentially have a negative impact on your claim.
4. Contact a Car Accident Attorney: When you are involved in a Car Accident that was not your fault, before you try and pursue compensation for damages on your own, it is crucial to contact an experienced Personal Injury Attorney for legal advice. Your attorney will be able to advise you on the steps that you should take in order to get the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve for your losses.
Trying to get the at-fault driver's insurance company to admit fault, or pay in full for the repairs that your car needs can be nearly impossible to do on your own. Many insurance companies do their best of to offer the lowest amount possible for vehicle damage repairs, especially when the repairs are costly or if the vehicle is totaled.
Choosing the Right Law Firm after a Car Accident
If you were involved in a Car Accident that was caused by someone else's careless actions, never hesitate to contact legal help.
The Brown Firm has a team of experienced attorneys who have been helping the victims of Car Accidents receive the compensation they deserve for over 30 years.
Our lawyers have the training and experience to make sure you receive the maximum amount of compensation that you are owed for your damaged vehicle. Our attorneys will make sure you're following the correct
Trying to receive compensation for your vehicle can be very difficult to do on your own. You may think your claim is cut and dry, only to find out you're not being fully compensated for the cost of repairs. The best way to make sure you're not taken advantage of by the insurance company is to hire a personal injury attorney to handle all of settlement negotiations for you.
If you were involved in a Car Accident that was not your fault, click below to schedule a free consultation with our experienced car accident attorneys in Georgia at The Brown Firm today.