Slip and Fall
What is a Slip and Fall Accident?
A slip and fall accident is an event where an individual slips and falls, resulting in an injury. It can happen for various reasons, such as wet or slippery surfaces or uneven or poor lighting conditions. When these accidents occur on someone else’s property, the injured person may have the right to take legal action if they were legally on the property at the time of the accident. A slip and fall is a type of premises liability claim in Georgia.
A slip and fall can occur anywhere, such as:
- Schools and Universities
- Parking Lots and Parking Garages
- Movie Theatres
- Sports and Entertainment Venues
- Public Pools
- Restaurants and Bars
- Public Roads and Sidewalks
- Amusement Parks
- Water Parks
- Apartment Complexes
- Someone’s Home
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Preventing slip and fall accidents involves understanding their causes. Slip and fall accidents often occur due to a property owner’s failure to maintain their property or warn others of potential hazards. Property owners should take necessary steps to identify and address these hazards to prevent slip and fall accidents.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Hazardous Areas: Hazardous areas on a piece of property likely to lead to a slip and fall accident may include wet floors, uneven surfaces, and cluttered walkways.
- Inclement Weather: Snow, sleet, rain, and ice can create dangerous conditions that increase the risk of falls on the outside areas of businesses and homes.
- Building Structure or Conditions: The condition of the building can increase the risk of injury to visitors.
Contact the Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys at The Brown Firm Today
The slip and fall attorneys at The Brown Firm have a wealth of experience handling slip and fall accident claims. We understand that the aftermath of a slip and fall can be a challenging and stressful time for victims. That’s why we offer free consultations to those who have been involved in a slip and fall accident in Georgia and South Carolina. Contact us today at 800-529-1441 for a free consultation, and let us help you through this difficult time.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (800) 529-1441 or completing our simple online form.