If you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck accident that was not your fault, contact the best truck accident injury attorneys at The Brown Firm in Pineland, SC, for a free consultation and representation.
The Truck Accident Attorneys at The Brown Firm know that the aftermath of a truck accident can be just as traumatic as the accident itself. With trips to the doctors and dealing with the insurance companies wanting you to settle, it can prolong your recovery process.
The semi-truck accident lawyers at The Brown Firm in Pineland can help. We will take the lead in handling your Truck Accident Case so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries sustained during the accident.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT IN PINELAND, SOUTH CAROLINA?
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, it is important to follow the steps below to help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Seek Medical Attention. If you or someone else has been seriously injured, you’ll need to contact Emergency Medical Services as soon as possible.
- Contact the Police. They will take control of the scene and start gathering information related to the accident.
- Take photographs of the scene. Include the vehicles involved, license placets, serial numbers, and the accident scene itself.
- Talk to any potential witnesses. Collect statements and any information (names, addresses) of those that saw the accident.
- Follow-up Medical attention. Many injuries can be masked by the surge of adrenaline released during the accident. It is important to follow up quickly with a medical professional to assess any injuries that you may have sustained.
- Contact A Personal Injury Attorney. Talk to Pineland’s Best Truck Accident Attorneys for a free consultation and for guidance on how to handle your case.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO HIRE A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY?
Many Truck Accident injuries can require long-term treatment and care. The Brown Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys in Pineland, are intimately familiar with the debilitating injuries a person can suffer due to Truck Accidents and will use our experience to fight for the compensation you deserve.
We will prepare a comprehensive claim and seek maximum compensation for any accident-related expenses and losses, including hospitalization, medical care, lost wages, rehabilitation, physical therapy, home care, and property damage.
You deserve compensation and a just settlement, and we will work hard to minimize hassles so that you can focus on recovering.
WHAT ARE SOME TRAFFIC LAWS THAT TRUCK DRIVERS SHOULD FOLLOW?
Driving and operating semi-trucks are much more complicated than ordinary cars, and other standard vehicles. Because of these, state and federal are more stringent than standard traffic laws.
Some of the specifics in trucking laws that set them apart include:
- Operating hours
- Load securing
- Weight limit
- Maintenance schedule
- Drug testing (driver)
- Physical inspection (driver)
Violation of these laws would make the driver and his trucking company liable to the other parties affected by accident.
The Truck Accident Attorneys at The Brown Firm in Pineland, SC, will fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve.
They can collect sufficient evidence for your compensation claim, looking particularly at instances where infringement of these trucking laws is concerned.
WHAT OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT TRUCK ACCIDENTS SHOULD I KNOW?
Truck accidents are caused by a variety of reasons, and understanding some of this information could be vital for you if you are involved in a truck accident.
Trucks are bigger and more difficult to maneuver, and the payload they carry makes them more susceptible to causing damage to other vehicles or properties if they are in an accident.
The weight of the truck and its payload also require a longer stopping distance before they can come to a complete stop. Stricter laws and regulations are mandated to this effect, such as maintaining safe distances, changing lanes, and overtaking other vehicles.
The truck accident lawyers at The Brown Firm in Pineland are experienced with trucking laws in South Carolina and can make sure that you are compensated fairly for your injuries.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON CAUSES OF TRUCKING ACCIDENTS?
Trucks are large vehicles, and their size makes them more prone to cause physical injuries not only to the truck driver but also to occupants of the other involved vehicles.
The most common causes can be of truck accidents are:
- Human Error: Probably, the most prevalent cause of truck accidents is due to human error. Some of the specifics identified by the FMCSA include the following:
- 5% were driving recklessly or aggressively
- 10% felt under pressure
- 0.3% were driving under the influence of alcohol
- 0.4% were driving under the influence of illegal substances
- 19% were unfamiliar with the route
- 7% were fatigued and overly tired
- 1% were ill at the time
- Equipment Failure: Trucks require proper maintenance to function properly. That is why maintenance is required and is clearly stipulated in trucking laws. Of the reported accidents, the following had these equipment failures:
- 27% of the trucks had brake problems
- 3% had tire problems
- Weather Conditions: Weather conditions are beyond people's control, but they can cause accidents as well, particularly weather conditions like heavy rains and snow. Such conditions increase the danger levels of slippery roads, which can result in vehicles and trucks losing control and crashing on the road.
- Improper Loading: An imbalance in the weight distribution can happen when the payload is not correctly placed, making the truck difficult to maneuver. Accidents can happen, particularly during curves or sharp turns. Overloading can also cause accidents as it affects the truck's maneuverability.
WHO IS LIABLE IF I AM INVOLVED IN A TRUCK ACCIDENT?
If you've been involved in a truck accident, our Pineland Truck Accident Attorneys can help you. We are dedicated to proving your injuries were caused by accident and bringing forth all liable negligent parties that caused it.
The truck driver, the trucking company, and the company that loaded the truck can all be held liable if they are found to be at fault for the cause of the accident.
Hiring an experienced lawyer in Pineland, like The Brown Firm Truck Accident Lawyers, is essential as we can provide a thorough investigation into the claim, and we have the experience to hold the parties accountable to get the compensation you deserve.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON TRUCK ACCIDENT INJURIES?
There are certain physical injuries that people can incur from a semi-truck accident. Some of these injuries are minor and not debilitating, but some can prevent the person from returning to work or performing proper functions. Some of these injuries include:
- Airbag injuries
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Damage to internal organs
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
Since another party was the cause of the accident, people who incurred the injury can make a claim and receive compensation. The amount of compensation relies heavily on the type, nature, and severity of your injuries and its impact on your daily life.
CONTACT THE BEST SEMI-TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN PINELAND, SOUTH CAROLINA TODAY!
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a truck accident, you need the help of an experienced truck accident attorney.
Our attorneys will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and will be prepared to take your case to trial if negotiations are unsuccessful.
With over 30 years of experience, the best semi-truck accident lawyers from The Brown Firm in Pineland have the skills, experience, and expertise that will guarantee you in getting the right settlement that you deserve. 👍
You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. One-click is all it takes to get your case started today.