Were you involved in a trucking accident in Thunderbolt, GA? Our Premier Personal Injury Lawyers represent victims of motor vehicle accidents and wrongful death suits throughout the state of Georgia.
Truck Accident Cases involve complex issues and differ in expertise compared to a normal car accident case.
That's why you need an experienced and aggressive Thunderbolt Truck Accident Attorney who understands these complexities and will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
Accidents involving large commercial trucks typically involve special circumstances and issues. A loaded big rig can range anywhere from 10,000 pounds up to 80,000 pounds or more, compared to an average vehicle only weighing 3,000 pounds.
The Brown Firm as over 30 years of experience, specializing in accident injuries and providing a personalized approach to each client, so they know special attention and time is dedicated to their unique needs.
If you happened to be injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our Thunderbolt Motorcycle Accident Lawyers today.
Contact our experienced Truck Accident Injury Attorneys in Thunderbolt, Ga from The Brown Firm for free legal advice and representation.
Understanding Your Truck Accident Injury Case
Most truck accident cases are more complicated than crashes between two passenger vehicles because most truck drivers work for trucking companies.
As a result, you must consider the liability of all guilty parties including the trucking company.
Our accident injury attorneys are well-versed in the federal trucking regulations and laws specific to your truck-accident case.
Hiring an experienced Georgia truck accident lawyer that's on your side can mean the difference in a winning outcome.
Trucking companies and their insurance carriers often are at the scene of an accident within hours of the crash.
They are highly trained and knowledgeable in finding ways to minimize the role the truck driver or trucking company played in causing the accident.
Our Premier Personal Injury Law Firm provides:
- A prompt investigation of the crash scene,
- Documentation of all favorable evidence,
- Searching for eyewitnesses,
- Skid marks, yaw marks, accident debris, gouge marks
- Along with, oil, gas, and radiator fluid stains that can disappear quickly after an accident
- Our on-site field investigators obtain police reports, motor carrier records, witness statements, photographs, and safety logs
Trucks are often operated by a driver employed by a trucking or shipping company. Because of these identifying defendants in a truck accident may be a little different from an accident with another private motorist.
Employers, Insurance Companies, Contractors, Trucking Companies, and Contractors can all share liability in a trucking accident depending on the specifics of each case.
Our Thunderbolt Truck Accident Injury Lawyers understand the complex differences between car and truck accident cases.
We will prepare a comprehensive claim and seek maximum compensation for any accident-related expenses and losses, including:
- medical care
- lost wages
- physical therapy
- home care
- property damage
Georgia Traffic Safety Facts
Trucks are a fundamental part of the American Economy--but they also contribute to severe and deadly accidents on a daily basis.
Unfortunately, truck-related accidents happen all the time along Georgia's major interstates as well as lesser-traveled urban streets.
Below are the findings of The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- In 2014, there were 3,903 people killed, and an estimated 111,000 people injured in crashes involving large trucks.
- In the U.S. an estimated 438,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported traffic crashes during 2014. Of those, 1,631 fatal crashes were reported in the state of Georgia.
- In 45 percent of the two-vehicle crashes, both the large truck and the other vehicle were proceeding straight at the time of the crash (head-on collision)
- Seventy-nine percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred during the weekday, and of those weekday crashes 71 percent occurred between the hours of 6 a.m. to 5:59 p.m.
How Truck Accidents Commonly Occur
Unfortunately, many truck accidents result in severe injuries and even death. The worst part of these happenings is the larger part of truck accidents are caused by the driver's or truck companies negligence.
Common forms of negligent actions causing semi-truck crashes include:
- Improperly Maintained Vehicles
- Tired or Fatigued Drivers
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Violate safety laws such as speeding, cutting off drivers, and making incorrect turns
- Unrealistic schedules
The Brown Firm has a team of personal injury attorneys serving Thunderbolt with thorough knowledge of the state and federal regulations that control the trucking industry, insurance requirements, and access to record-keeping requirements by operative trucking companies.
Large Trucks and Dangerous Equipment
It is the trucking company's responsibility to ensure that all performing trucks on the highway are in safe and proper running condition.
Drivers are expected to thoroughly inspect their tractor-trailers before beginning any trip and also make certain their loads are properly secured. The truck driver must check:
- Numerous other equipment
- Safety equipment
- Wheels and tires
- Coupling devices
- Fuel System
- Airlines and compressor
Naturally with such large disparity in mass, collisions involving these motor vehicles usually end in catastrophe.
Other differences include the mechanics of operating such large vehicles meaning the acceleration, braking, visibility, and turning of big rigs are all limited.
Common Injuries of Accident Survivors
If a truck wreck doesn't kill the victim, it often leaves him or her with horrific Truck Accident Injuries are so severe that they will require long-term treatment and care.
Many courageous survivors find themselves with a decreased quality of life after, leaving them financially and physically confined. This suffering is terrible and unacceptable.
Accident survivors often suffer from 3rd-degree burns, brain and spinal cord damage, and limb loss. Other Common Injuries Include:
- Back and Neck Injuries: Because we rely on our back and necks for needed support and functionality, these injuries often prevent victims from returning to work and daily activities.
- Broken Bones: The sheer size and power of a tractor-trailer or commercial truck means bones are easily broken and ravaged than collisions involving just cars.
- Head Injuries: Symptoms from head injuries include confusion, nausea, vision problems, and various cognitive difficulties. Head trauma can result from severe or minor crashes resulting in direct trauma to the head due to whiplash or rapid acceleration or deceleration. Sustaining injuries to the brain can be life-altering, leaving some victims never to be the same again.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries are tough to treat and may cause internal bleeding to organs like the bladder, liver, kidney, pancreas, and spleen.
- Lacerations: Cuts and lacerations from truck wrecks can be particularly painful and often leave massive scars that may never fully heal.
- Seat Belt Injuries: Although seat belts are designed to protect you, in some instances seat belts can also cause injuries such as whiplash.
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis: Truck Accident Injuries to the spinal cord can be especially devastating leaving some victims permanently paralyzed.
- Wrongful Death: Tractor-trailer accidents are 10 times more likely to kill you than crashes with other cars. When someone else's negligence causes the death of your loved one, you need an experienced truck accident injury attorney who can hold the trucking company liable.
Contact An Experienced Thunderbolt, GA Truck Accident Injury Attorney Today For Help
If you have suffered in a Truck Accident in Thunderbolt, GA The Brown Firm can help you.👍
We believe no one should have to suffer because of another person's lack of responsibility or dangerous actions.
The Brown Firm is experienced in representing Georgia injury victims and their families after suffering serious injuries, property damage, and even death in a commercial truck collision.
Being involved in a trucking accident can leave you dealing with substantial injuries that may permanently leave you in physical and financial distress.
Choosing the best Truck Accident Injury Attorney in Thunderbolt, GA can make the difference in the outcome of your case.
It only takes one click on the link below to get your truck accident case started.