Have you been involved in a tractor-trailer or any commercial vehicle-related accident in Stone Mountain, Ga that was not your fault?
Our Truck Accident Injury Attorneys are well-versed in the commercial truck laws and are experienced in bringing forth all guilty parties responsible for your accident injuries.
Unfortunately, many truck accidents result in severe injuries and even death. The worst part about these happenings is the larger part of truck accidents are caused by the driver's or truck companies negligence.
If you happened to be injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our Stone Mountain Motorcycle Accident Lawyers.
Contact our experienced truck accident injury attorneys in Stone Mountain, Ga from The Brown Firm for free legal advice and representation.
Our Law Firm proudly serves Stone Mountain, GA
We will prepare a comprehensive claim and seek maximum compensation for any accident-related expenses and losses, including:
- hospital care
- medical care
- lost wages
- physical therapy or chiropractic care
- home care
- property damage
You deserve compensation and a just settlement, and we will work hard to minimize hassles and delays.
Most truck accident cases are more complicated than crashes between two passenger vehicles because most truck drivers work for trucking companies.
As a result, you must consider the liability of all guilty parties including the trucking company.
Hiring an experienced Georgia truck accident lawyer that's on your side can mean the difference in a winning outcome.
Trucking companies and their insurance carriers often are at the scene of an accident within hours of the crash.
They are highly trained and knowledgeable in finding ways to minimize the role the truck driver or trucking company played in causing the accident.
Common Commercial Truck Accident Injuries
If a truck wreck doesn't kill the victim, it often leaves him or her with horrific Truck Accident Injuries are so severe that they will require long-term treatment and care.
Many courageous survivors find themselves with a decreased quality of life after, leaving them feeling vulnerable and helpless. This suffering is terrible and unacceptable.
Accident survivors often suffer from 3rd-degree burns, brain and spinal cord damage, and limb loss. Other Common Injuries Include:
- Back and Neck Injuries: Because we rely on our back and necks for needed support and functionality, these injuries often prevent victims from returning to work and daily activities.
- Broken Bones: The sheer size and power of a tractor-trailer or commercial truck means bones are easily broken and ravaged than collisions involving just cars.
- Head Injuries: Symptoms from head injuries include confusion, nausea, vision problems, and various cognitive difficulties. Head trauma can result from serious or minor crashes resulting in direct trauma to the head due to whiplash or rapid acceleration or deceleration. Sustaining injuries to the brain can be life-altering, leaving some victims to never be the same again.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries are very difficult to treat and may cause internal bleeding to organs like the bladder, liver, kidney, pancreas, and spleen.
- Lacerations: Cuts and lacerations from truck wrecks can be particularly painful and often leave massive scars that may never fully heal.
- Seat Belt Injuries: Although seat belts are designed to protect you, in some instances seat belts can also cause injuries such as whiplash.
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis: Truck Accident Injuries to the spinal cord can be specifically devastating leaving some victims permanently paralyzed.
- Wrongful Death: Tractor-trailer accidents are 10 times more likely to kill you than crashes with other cars. When someone else's negligence causes the death of your loved one you need an experienced truck accident injury attorney who can hold the trucking company liable.
Traffic Safety Facts Involving Large Trucks
Findings of the NHTSA:
- In 2014, there were 3,903 people killed, and an estimated 111,000 people injured in crashes involving large trucks.
- In the U.S. an estimated 438,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported traffic crashes during 2014. Of those, 1,631 fatal crashes were reported in the state of Georgia.
- In 45 percent of the two-vehicle crashes, both the large truck and the other vehicle were proceeding straight at the time of the crash (head-on collision)
- Seventy-nine percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred during the weekday, and of those weekday crashes 71 percent occurred between the hours of 6 a.m. to 5:59 p.m.
Understanding Your Truck Accident Injury Case
Accidents involving large commercial trucks typically involve special circumstances and issues. A loaded tractor-trailer can range anywhere from 10,000 pounds up to 80,000 pounds or more, compared to an average vehicle only weighing 3,000 pounds.
Naturally, with such large incongruency in mass, collisions involving these motor vehicles usually end in catastrophe. Other differences include the mechanics of operating such large vehicles meaning the acceleration, braking, visibility, and turning of big rigs are all limited.
Large vehicles such as eighteen-wheelers are subject to "jackknifing" under certain conditions, especially during sudden braking or turning.
Commercial trucks also struggle with turning, particularly turning into the right lane, which often requires the use of two lanes while completing a turn.
Trucks are often operated by a driver employed by a trucking or shipping company.
Because of these identifying defendants in a truck accident may be a little different from an accident with another private motorist. Employers, Insurance Companies, Contractors, Trucking Companies, and Contractors can all share liability in a trucking accident depending on the specifics of each case.
Negligent Factors Contributing To Truck Wrecks
- Improperly Maintained Vehicles
- Tired or Fatigued Drivers
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Violate safety laws such as speeding, cutting off drivers, and making incorrect turns
- Unrealistic schedules
Trust The Brown Firm With Your Truck Accident Case in Stone Mountain, Georgia
If you have suffered in a Truck Accident in Stone Mountain, GA The Brown Firm can help you.
No one should have to suffer because of another person's lack of responsibility or dangerous actions.
At The Brown Firm, we are committed to protecting your right to the compensation you deserve.
Major Truck Accident Injuries can lead to a lifetime of costly medical care and personal challenges. Let our experienced and dedicated Personal Injury Lawyers protect your interests so that you can concentrate on your health and recovery.
It only takes one click on the link below to get your truck accident case started.