If you have suffered in a Truck Accident in Johns Creek, GA our Tractor Trailer Injury Attorneys can help you.
Immediately following your accident, it's crucial a thorough investigation is done at the scene to collect all necessary evidence proving the truck driver or trucking companies negligence.
Our experienced legal team can determine who is liable for the trucking accident and hold them responsible for their negligence.
Regrettably, many truck collisions result in severe injuries and even death. Major Truck Accident Injuries can lead to a lifetime of costly medical care and personal challenges.
Let our experienced and aggressive Personal Injury Lawyers protect your interests so that you can concentrate on your health and recovery.
Contact our experienced truck accident injury attorneys in Johns Creek, Ga from The Brown Firm for free legal advice and representation.
If you happened to be injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our Johns Creek Motorcycle Accident Lawyer today.
Accidents involving large commercial trucks typically include unique circumstances and issues. A loaded big rig can range anywhere from 10,000 pounds up to 80,000 pounds or more, compared to an average vehicle only weighing 3,000 pounds.
Commercial trucks also struggle with turning, particularly turning into the right lane, which often requires the use of two lanes while completing a turn.
Our Georgia Litigation team has a thorough knowledge of the state and federal regulations that control the trucking industry, insurance requirements, and access to record-keeping requirements by operative trucking companies.
Most truck accident cases are more complicated than crashes between two passenger vehicles because most truck drivers work for trucking companies. As a result, you must consider the liability of all guilty parties including the trucking company.
Our accident injury attorneys are well-versed in the federal trucking regulations and laws specific to your truck--accident case.
Hiring an experienced Georgia Personal Injury Lawyer that's on your side can mean the difference in a winning outcome.
Trucking companies and their insurance carriers often are at the scene of an accident within hours of the crash.
They are highly trained and knowledgeable in finding ways to minimize the role the truck driver or trucking company played in causing the accident.
Keep in mind trucking companies and their insurance companies are apprehensive about settling quickly with the goal of paying you, the victim, as little as possible.
Seek legal guidance as soon as possible from a Johns Creek Truck Accident Injury Lawyer who knows and understands the complex differences between car and truck accident cases.
We will prepare a comprehensive claim and seek maximum compensation for any accident-related expenses and losses, including hospitalization, medical care, lost wages, rehabilitation, physical therapy, home care, property damage
Don't hesitate to protect your rights and your truck accident case with an experienced lawyer on your side. Call the Brown Firm today 912-200-9755.
Errors and Negligence Causing Large Truck Accidents
The more significant part of truck accidents is caused by the driver's or truck companies negligence.
The Brown Firm will find the negligence that caused your accident by thoroughly investigating the scene and collecting crucial evidence proving your injuries were caused by the negligence of the at-fault driver.
Common forms of negligent actions causing semi-truck crashes include:
- Improperly Maintained Vehicles
- Tired or Fatigued Drivers
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Violate safety laws such as speeding, cutting off drivers, and making incorrect turns
- Unrealistic schedules
Large vehicles such as eighteen-wheelers are subject to "jackknifing" under certain conditions, especially during sudden braking or turning.
It is the trucking company's responsibility to ensure that all performing trucks on the highway are in safe and proper running condition.
Drivers are expected to thoroughly inspect their tractor-trailers before beginning any trip and also make certain their loads are properly secured.
The truck driver must check:
- Numerous other equipment
- Safety equipment
- Wheels and tires
- Coupling devices
- The Fuel System
- Airlines and compressor
Johns Creek, GA Traffic Safety Facts
Findings from the NHTSA:
- In 2014, there were 3,903 people killed and an estimated 111,000 people injured
in crashes involving large trucks.
- In the U.S. an estimated 438,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported traffic crashes during 2014. Of those, 1,631 fatal crashes were reported in the state of Georgia.
- In 45 percent of the two-vehicle crashes, both the large truck and the other vehicle were proceeding straight at the time of the collision (head-on collision)
- Seventy-nine percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred during the weekday, and of those weekday crashes 71 percent took place between the hours of 6 a.m. to 5:59 p.m.
Serious Truck Accident Injuries
Naturally with such large disparity in mass, collisions involving these motor vehicles usually end in catastrophe.
Other differences include the mechanics of operating such large vehicles meaning the acceleration, braking, visibility, and turning off big rigs are all limited.
If a truck wreck doesn't kill the victim, it often leaves him or her with horrific Truck Accident Injuries that are so severe they will require long-term treatment and care.
Many courageous survivors find themselves with a decreased quality of life after, leaving them financially and physically confined. This suffering is terrible and unacceptable.
Accident survivors often suffer from 3rd-degree burns, brain and spinal cord damage, and limb loss. Other Common Injuries Include:
- Back and Neck Injuries: Because we rely on our back and necks for needed support and functionality, these injuries often prevent victims from returning to work and daily activities.
- Broken Bones: The sheer size and power of a tractor-trailer or commercial truck mean bones are easily broken and ravaged than collisions involving just cars.
- Head Injuries: Symptoms from head injuries include confusion, nausea, vision problems, and various cognitive difficulties. Head trauma can result from severe or minor crashes resulting in direct trauma to the head due to whiplash or rapid acceleration or deceleration. Sustaining injuries to the brain can be life-altering, leaving some victims never to be the same again.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries are tough to treat and may cause internal bleeding to organs like the bladder, liver, kidney, pancreas, and spleen.
- Lacerations: Cuts and lacerations from truck wrecks can be particularly painful and often leave massive scars that may never fully heal.
- Seat Belt Injuries: Although seat belts are designed to protect you, in some instances seat belts can also cause injuries such as whiplash.
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis: Truck Accident Injuries to the spinal cord can be especially devastating leaving some victims permanently paralyzed.
- Wrongful Death: Tractor-trailer accidents are ten times more likely to kill you than crashes with other cars. When someone else's negligence causes the death of your loved one, you need an experienced truck accident injury attorney who can hold the trucking company liable.
Multiple Defendants May Share Liability in a Trucking Accident
Trucks are often operated by a driver employed by a trucking or shipping company. Because of these identifying defendants in a truck accident may be a little different from an accident with another private motorist.
Employers, Insurance Companies, Contractors, Trucking Companies, and Contractors can all share liability in a trucking accident depending on the specifics of each case.
Our Special Invite to Accident Injury Victims
If you were hit by a large commercial vehicle and suffered injuries, contact a Johns Creek, Ga Truck Accident Injury Attorney today.
No one should have to suffer because of another person's lack of responsibility or negligent actions.
At The Brown Firm, we are committed to protecting your rights and helping each client gain the maximum amount of compensation they deserve. 👍
It only takes one click on the link below to get your truck accident case started.