Were you hit by a truck in Garden City, Georgia? Our Truck Accident Injury Attorneys in Garden City, GA can help you compile a valid lawsuit and protect your rights.
Commercial trucks such as big rigs, tankers, tractor-trailer, and 18 wheelers are extremely large and heavy vehicles that can cause serious and lethal accidents.
The Brown Firm is well versed in the federal statutes and government regulations relating to trucking accidents. We know how to perform thorough investigations, collect necessary evidence, and hold ALL parties accountable for your injuries.
Our personal injury attorneys are extremely familiar with the debilitating injuries a person can suffer due to a large vehicle accident and are experienced in vigorously fighting for a fair settlement covering your suffering and losses.
If you happened to be injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our Garden City Truck Accident Lawyers today.
Contact a Truck Accident Injury Attorneys in Garden City from The Brown Firm for free legal advice and representation.
Truck Accident Injury Case In Garden City, Georgia
Immediately following your accident, it's crucial a thorough investigation is done at the scene to collect all necessary evidence proving the truck driver or trucking companies negligence.
Trucks are often operated by a driver employed by a trucking or shipping company. Because of these identifying defendants in a truck accident may be a little different from an accident with another private motorist.
Employers, Insurance Companies, Contractors, Trucking Companies, and Contractors can all share liability in a trucking accident depending on the specifics of each case.
Unfortunately, many truck accidents result in severe injuries and even death. Major Truck Accident Injuries can lead to a lifetime of costly medical care and personal challenges.
Let our experienced and aggressive Personal Injury Lawyers protect your interests so that you can concentrate on your health and recovery.
Accident survivors often suffer from 3rd-degree burns, brain and spinal cord damage, and limb loss. Other Common Injuries Include:
- Back and Neck Injuries: Because we rely on our back and necks for needed support and functionality, these injuries often prevent victims from returning to work and daily activities.
- Broken Bones: The sheer size and power of a tractor-trailer or commercial truck mean bones are easily broken and ravaged than collisions involving just cars.
- Head Injuries: Symptoms from head injuries include confusion, nausea, vision problems, and various cognitive difficulties. Head trauma can result from severe or minor crashes resulting in direct trauma to the head due to whiplash or rapid acceleration or deceleration. Sustaining injuries to the brain can be life-altering, leaving some victims never to be the same again.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries are tough to treat and may cause internal bleeding to organs like the bladder, liver, kidney, pancreas, and spleen.
- Lacerations: Cuts and lacerations from truck wrecks can be particularly painful and often leave massive scars that may never fully heal.
- Seat Belt Injuries: Although seat belts are designed to protect you, in some instances seat belts can also cause injuries such as whiplash.
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis: Truck Accident Injuries to the spinal cord can be especially devastating leaving some victims permanently paralyzed.
- Wrongful Death: Tractor-trailer accidents are 10 times more likely to kill you than crashes with other cars. When someone else's negligence causes the death of your loved one, you need an experienced truck accident injury attorney who can hold the trucking company liable.
Why Do Large Vehicles Differ From Passenger Vehicles?
Accidents involving large commercial trucks typically include unique circumstances and issues. A loaded big rig can range anywhere from 10,000 pounds up to 80,000 pounds or more, compared to an average vehicle only weighing 3,000 pounds.
Most truck accident cases are more complicated than crashes between two passenger vehicles because most truck drivers work for trucking companies.
As a result, you must consider the liability of all guilty parties including the trucking company.
Our accident injury attorneys are well-versed in the federal trucking regulations and laws specific to your truck--accident case.
Hiring an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer that's on your side can mean the difference in a winning outcome.
Trucking companies and their insurance carriers often are at the scene of an accident within hours of the crash.
They are highly trained and knowledgeable in finding ways to minimize the role the truck driver or trucking company played in causing the accident.
Keep in mind trucking companies and their insurance companies are apprehensive about settling quickly with the goal of paying you, the victim, as little as possible.
Our Georgia Litigation team has a thorough knowledge of the state and federal regulations that control the trucking industry, insurance requirements, and access to record-keeping requirements by operative trucking companies.
Our premier Personal Injury Law Firm will skillfully compile your truck accident case, thoroughly investigate the scene, use witnesses testimony, and implement a clever use of discovery procedures including:
- A prompt investigation of the accident scene,
- Documentation of all favorable evidence,
- Searching for eyewitnesses,
- Skid marks, yaw marks, accident debris, gouge marks
- Along with, oil, gas, and radiator fluid stains that can disappear quickly after an accident
- Our on-site field investigators obtain police reports, motor carrier records, witness statements, photographs, and safety logs
Garden City, GA Traffic Safety Facts
Findings of the NHTSA:
- In 2014, there were 3,903 people killed and an estimated 111,000 people injured
in crashes involving large trucks.
- In the U.S. an estimated 438,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported traffic crashes during 2014. Of those, 1,631 fatal crashes were reported in the state of Georgia.
- In 45 percent of the two-vehicle crashes, both the large truck and the other vehicle were proceeding straight at the time of the collision (head-on collision)
- Seventy-nine percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred during the weekday, and of those weekday crashes 71 percent took place between the hours of 6 a.m. to 5:59 p.m.
Don't hesitate to protect your rights and your truck accident case with an experienced lawyer on your side. Call the Brown Firm today 912-200-9755.
Errors and Negligence Causing Large Truck Accidents
Commercial trucks also struggle with turning, particularly turning into the right lane, which often requires the use of two lanes while completing a turn.
The more significant part of truck accidents is caused by the driver's or truck companies negligence.
Common forms of negligent actions causing semi-truck crashes include:
- Improperly Maintained Vehicles
- Tired or Fatigued Drivers
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Violate safety laws such as speeding, cutting off drivers, and making incorrect turns
- Unrealistic schedules
Large vehicles such as eighteen-wheelers are subject to "jackknifing" under certain conditions, especially during sudden braking or turning.
It is the trucking company's responsibility to ensure that all performing trucks on the highway are in safe and proper running condition.
Drivers are expected to routinely inspect their tractor-trailers before beginning any trip and also make certain their loads are properly secured. The truck driver must check:
- Numerous other equipment
- Safety equipment
- Wheels and tires
- Coupling devices
- Fuel System
- Airlines and compressor
Contact The Leading Truck Accident Attorneys in Garden City, Georgia
Seek legal guidance as soon as possible from a Garden City Truck Accident Injury Lawyer who knows and understands the complex differences between car and truck accident cases.
We will prepare a comprehensive claim and seek maximum compensation for any accident-related expenses and losses, including:
- Medical care
- Lost wages
- Physical therapy
- Home care
- Property damage
No one should have to suffer because of another person's lack of responsibility or negligent actions.
At The Brown Firm, we are committed to protecting your rights and to gain the compensation you deserve. 👍
Contact an experienced Garden City, GA Tractor-Trailer Injury Lawyer and get the help you need today.
It only takes one click on the link below to get your truck accident case started.