The personal injury attorneys at The Brown Firm are ready to take on your case if you have been injured in a Slip and Fall accident in Isle of Hope, Georgia.
Thousands of people every year are victims of slip and fall accidents. The majority of these injuries are caused by the negligent actions of someone else.
Do not brush off a slip and fall accident as purely accidental, most of the time someone else is at fault for your injury. You should not be responsible for the emotional, physical and financial repercussions caused by your accident.
Contact the experienced Isle of Hope Personal Injury Lawyers at the Brown Firm.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in the Isle of Hope, Georgia
When a property owner fails to exercise reasonable care and was negligent in respect to ownership of the premises, he or she can be held liable for the damages. Some of the most common causes for slip and fall injuries include:
- Uneven Steps
- Weather Conditions
- Spills on Floors
- Inadequate Lighting
- Unnecessary Clutter
The Elements of Negligence in a Premises Liability Claim
When you file a slip and fall claim with our Isle of Hope Injury Attorneys an insurance adjuster may touch on the following questions:
- Would a careful person noticed the dangerous spot and avoided it altogether
- Were there any warning signs that the place may have been dangerous
- Were you doing anything that may have distracted you from paying attention to where you were going,
- Did you have a genuine reason to be at the spot of the slip and fall
Understanding an Isle of Hope Slip and Fall Claim
Property owners may be held responsible when someone has slipped or tripped and fell on a wet floor, defective stairs, or rough patch. Slip and fall cases are based on the ideology of negligence:
- Whether the property owner acted carefully in preventing a slip and fall on the property
- Whether the victim acted carelessly in not seeing or avoiding the thing you dropped on.
The State of Georgia Follows Comparative Negligence Rules
In almost every Isle of Hope Slip and Fall Case our lawyers see, the defendant will try to argue whether your carelessness contributed to the accident.
The state of Georgia follows the rules of “comparative negligence,” when finding damages in slip and fall lawsuits.
Meaning, when it is time for the jury to weigh the evidence at the trial, they must balance the plaintiff’s negligence with the defendant’s negligence.
(Note: this only happens when the defendant is first found guilty, then it is up to the defendant if the issue of carelessness is even pursued.)
If the plaintiff (injured person) is found negligent in connection with the underlying accident, then their compensation is reduced by the percentage found negligent.
In other words, if you were found 10% at fault for your injury accident then your total amount of compensation will be reduced by 10%.
Properly Record and Document your Premises Liability Claim
In slip and fall accident cases in Isle of Hope, Georgia, accurately recording and documenting all evidence about your accident is essential in gaining a high settlement.
Time can hurt you if you don't react fast enough, witnesses may disappear, or the accident scene may change. If you are injured in a slip and fall incident there are certain steps you should take:
- Report the accident- Report your accident to a manager, property owner, or landlord. Many establishments provide their paperwork after an accident occurs. It's okay to use the resources they give you, just be sure to obtain a copy of the paperwork before you leave.
- Seek Medical Care- Even if you feel you haven't suffered significant injuries get proper medical care immediately following injuries. You will need proper documentation of your medical treatment if you wish to seek damages for your injuries.
- Take Pictures- It is important to take pictures of the area surrounding the accident as well as the scene itself. Remember, conditions change quickly such recording pictures as soon as possible is advised.
- Witness Information- If anyone witnessed the slip and fall accident try to obtain their name, number, and address. This is a critical component to your case and can also contribute to your settlement amount.
- Hire Legal Help- There are many complexities that involve premises liability claims and navigating these complexities alone can risk the loss of your claim. Our Isle of Hope slip and fall attorneys have the resources and necessary knowledge to help you gain a fair settlement.
Contact Our Slip and Fall Attorneys The Brown Law Firm in Isle of Hope, Georgia
If you have fallen prey to a slip and fall injury in Isle of Hope, GA and need help filing a proper premises liability claim, look no further our lawyers have exceptional skills and experience to assist you throughout your lawsuit.
Whether you have legal questions or substantial injuries, our legal staff is here to help you.
Remember, you don't need to "prove" anything, only to make a reasonable argument that the property owner was negligent. No two slip and fall cases are alike; we will weigh the differences and bring forth all responsible parties to help compensate you for your injuries.
Call today or click on the link below for a free consultation with one of our highly rated Isle of Hope Slip and Fall Accident Injury Attorneys.