Are you a victim of a slip and fall injury, and require a slip and fall accident attorney in Bloomingdale, Georgia?
The Brown Firm has a team of experienced Premises Liability Attorneys in Bloomingdale that have the necessary experience to handle your accident injury case.
Your chances of being involved in a Slip and fall accident is higher than most think. Most accidents occur on wet floors, uneven or improperly maintained walkways, poor lighting, defective stairs, and other inadequate maintenance.
Our slip and fall attorneys in Bloomingdale, GA, are highly qualified in determining if you have a valid lawsuit.
Our legal staff has the unique advantage of combined medical and legal expertise when handling your slip and fall lawsuit, put your injuries in the best hands, and Contact the Brown Firm today.
Get your Free Consultation by clicking the link below.
Understanding Who Is Liable After A Slip and Fall Accident
Property owners in Bloomingdale, Ga, may be held responsible when someone has slipped and fallen on a damp floor, defective stairs, or rocky patch or path. Slip and fall cases are based on the ideology of negligence:
- Whether or not the property owner acted carefully in preventing a slip and fall on the grounds.
- Whether the victim acted recklessly in not seeing or avoiding the thing, you slipped on.
However, there are particular circumstances in which a property owner would not be held liable for an injured victim. One of which is when an individual's carelessness causes their injuries. A principle known as Duty of Care is applied when injuries are sustained due to someone not expected to be in a place the accident happens.
For Example, Sam wanted to ask a question of the produce manager at his local supermarket. He knocked on the door of the food back room, but no one answered. Sam noticed the door was identified as "Employees Only," but continued to enter through the door.
While he was looking around for somebody, then he slipped and fell on a slippery spot and was injured.
Sam would not have a valid liability claim because the shop had no duty to protect customers who disregard Employees Only signs and wander around where they are not supposed to be.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries in Bloomingdale, Georgia
When a property owner fails to exercise prudent care and was negligent regarding the ownership of the property, they can be held liable for the damages.
Some common causes of slip and fall injuries include:
- Uneven Steps
- Weather Conditions
- Spills on Floors
- Inadequate Lighting
- Unnecessary Clutter
Also, if you were injured in a Slip and Fall Accident at work, please click here for our Bloomingdale Work Injury Attorneys.
Negligence Varies in Georgia Premises Liability Cases
The rule of negligence declares that everyone must exercise "reasonable care" to avoid damage to others, reasonable care does vary in time and place, and with the connection between people so that the same treatment might be considered negligent in one instance but not be in the other.
Because the conditions surrounding each injury accident are unique, you should consult an experienced lawyer in Bloomingdale to handle the complexities involving a premises liability case.
Why You Should Document Your Slip and Fall Injury
Georgia slip and fall accident cases, properly recording and reporting all evidence about your accident, is essential in gaining a large settlement.
Time can hurt you if you don't respond quickly enough, witnesses may disappear, or the scene of the accident may change. If you were injured in a slip and fall episode, there are certain steps you need to take:
- Report the accident- Report your accident to the property owner, or a manager immediately. Many establishments provide their paperwork after an accident occurs. It's okay to use the supplies they give you, just be sure to obtain a copy of the paperwork before you leave.
- Seek Medical Care- Even if you feel you haven't experienced significant injuries, please get proper medical care immediately following injuries. You will need accurate documentation of your medical treatment if you wish to explore damages for your injuries.
- Take Pictures- It is essential to take photographs of the area surrounding the accident as well as the scene itself. Remember, conditions change quickly, such recording pictures as soon as possible is advised.
- Witness Information- If anyone witnessed the slip and fall accident, try to obtain their name, number, and address. This is a critical component of your case and can also contribute to your settlement amount.
- Hire Legal Help- Many complexities involve premises liability claims, and navigating these complexities alone can risk the loss of your request. Our Bloomingdale slip and fall attorneys have the resources and necessary knowledge to help you gain a fair settlement.
How Our Bloomingdale, GA Lawyers Can Protect Your Accident Injury Case?
In almost every slip and fall case our Bloomingdale lawyers see, the defendant will try to establish whether your carelessness contributed to the accident.
When you file a slip and fall claim an insurance adjuster may touch on the following questions to determine if the insured is, in fact, liable for the slip and fall accident:
- Would a careful person noticed the exposed area and avoided it altogether?
- Were there any conspicuous warning signs that the spot may have been compromised?
- Were you doing anything that may have diverted your attention?
- Did you have a legitimate reason to be at the spot of the slip and fall
Furthermore, in most cases, the defense will try to claim part of the accident was due to the carelessness of the plaintiff. This means that, when it is time for the panel to consider the evidence at the trial, they must compare the plaintiff's carelessness with the defendant's negligence.
In the state of Georgia, if the jury finds the plaintiff partially at fault in connection with the underlying accident, then the courts will use the rule of comparative negligence when finding damages.
The compensation is reduced by the percentage found negligent.
In other words, if you were found to be 10% at fault for your injury, then your total amount of compensation will be reduced by a total of 10%.
The Brown Firm has the expertise to protect your injury claim from defenses and crafty questions used by insurance companies. We will protect your rights and stop your injuries from being swept under the rug—every client matters at our Georgia Personal Injury Law Firm.
Contact Our Bloomingdale, Georgia Slip, and Fall Attorneys
If you have become the victim of a Premises Liability Injury in Bloomingdale and need help filing a proper claim, our Georgia personal injury law firm has a team of legal experts ready to assist with this challenging legal process.
Our legal staff has the unique position of combined medical and legal expertise when handling your slip and fall lawsuit, put your damages in the best hands by calling the Brown Firm today.
Get your Free Slip and Fall Injury Consultation with one of our Bloomingdale, Ga attorneys, by clicking the link below!