Are you a victim of a slip and fall injury, and are in need of a Premises Liability attorney in Pooler, Georgia?
The Brown Firm has a team of premier Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys that have the necessary experience to handle your accident injury case.
Your chances of being involved in a Slip and fall accident is higher than most think. Most accidents occur on wet floors, uneven or improperly maintained walkways, poor lighting, defective stairs, and other inadequate maintenance.
Our slip and fall attorneys in Pooler, GA are highly qualified in ascertaining if you have a valid lawsuit.
Our legal staff has the unique advantage of combined medical and legal expertise when handling your slip and fall suit, put your injuries in capable hands, and Contact the Brown Firm today.
Get your Free Consultation by clicking the link below.
Understanding who is liable after A Slip and Fall Accident
Property owners in Pooler, Ga, may be held responsible when somebody has slipped and fallen on a wet floor, defective staircase, or rough patch. Slip and fall cases are based on the ideology of negligence:
- Whether or not the property owner acted carefully in preventing a slip and fall on the grounds.
- Whether the victim acted irresponsibly in not seeing or avoiding the thing, you fell on.
However, there are specific circumstances in which a property owner would not be held liable for an injured victim. One of which is when an individual's carelessness causes their injuries.
A principle known as Duty of Care is applied when injuries are sustained due to someone not expected to be in a place the accident happens.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries in Pooler, Georgia
When a property owner declined to exercise reasonable care and was negligent with respect to maintaining the premises, they can be held liable for the damages.
Some common causes of slip and fall injuries include:
- Uneven Steps
- Weather Conditions
- Spills on Floors
- Inadequate Lighting
- Unnecessary Clutter
Also, if you were injured in a Slip and Fall Accident at work, please click here for our Pooler Work Injury Attorneys.
Negligence Varies in Georgia Premises Liability Cases
The rule of negligence declares that everyone must exercise "reasonable care" to evade injury to others, reasonable care does vary in time and scope, and with the relationship between people so that the same behavior might be considered negligent in one
instance, but may not be in another.
Because the conditions surrounding each injury accident are unique, you should consult an experienced accident injury lawyer in Pooler to handle the complexities involving a premises liability case.
Why You Should Document Your Slip and Fall Injury
Georgia slip and fall accident cases, properly recording and documenting all evidence about your accident is essential in gaining a high settlement. Time can hurt you if you don't react fast enough, witnesses may disappear, or the accident scene may change. If you are injured in a slip and fall incident, there are certain steps you should take:
- Report the accident- Report your accident to a manager, property owner, or landlord. Many establishments provide their paperwork after an accident occurs. It's okay to use the resources they give you, just be sure to obtain a copy of the paperwork before you leave.
- Seek Medical Care- Even if you feel you haven't suffered significant injuries, get proper medical care immediately following injuries. You will need appropriate documentation of your medical treatment if you wish to seek damages for your injuries.
- Take Pictures- It is essential to take pictures of the area surrounding the accident as well as the scene itself. Remember, conditions change quickly, so recording photographs as soon as possible is advised.
- Witness Information- If anyone witnessed the slip and fall accident, try to obtain their name, number, and address. This is an essential component of your case and can also contribute to your settlement amount.
- Hire Legal Help- Many complexities involve premises liability claims, and navigating these complexities alone can risk the loss of your claim. Our Pooler, Ga slip and fall attorneys have the resources and necessary knowledge to help you gain a fair settlement.
How Our Pooler, GA Lawyers Can Protect Your Accident Injury Case?
In almost every slip and fall case our Pooler lawyers see, the defendant will try to argue whether your carelessness contributed to the accident.
When you file a Premises Liability claim an insurance adjuster may touch on the following questions to determine if the insured is, in fact, liable for the slip and fall accident:
- Would a careful person noticed the dangerous spot and avoided it altogether?
- Were there any warning signs that the spot may have been dangerous?
- Were you doing anything that may have distracted you from paying attention to where you were going?
- Did you have a legitimate reason to be at the spot of the slip and fall?
Furthermore, in most cases, the defense will try to claim part of the accident was due to the carelessness of the plaintiff. This means that, when it is time for the jury to weigh the evidence at the trial, they must compare the plaintiff's negligence with the defendant's negligence.
In the state of Georgia, if the jury finds the plaintiff partially at fault in connection with the underlying accident, then the courts will use the rule of comparative negligence when finding damages.
This means that, when it is time for the jury to weigh the evidence at the trial, they must balance the plaintiff's negligence with the defendant's negligence.
The compensation is reduced by the percentage found negligent. In other words, if you were found 10% at fault for your injury accident, then your total amount of compensation will be reduced by 10%.
The Brown Firm has the expertise to protect your injury claim from defenses and crafty questions used by insurance companies. We will protect your rights and stop your injuries from being swept under the rug—every client matters at our Georgia Personal Injury Law Firm.
Contact Our Pooler, Georgia Slip and Fall Attorneys
If you have become the victim of a slip and fall injury in Poolerand need help filing a proper premises liability claim, our law firm has a team of experts ready to assist with this challenging legal process.
Get your Free Case Consultation with one of our experienced Pooler, Ga Slip and Fall Lawyers by clicking the link below!