The Personal Injury Lawyers at The Brown Firm in Beaufort, South Carolina, know that the painful and life-changing injuries that one can experience from an accident can be a traumatic time for you and your loved ones.
If you were hurt due to medical malpractice, car accidents, slip and fall, or a workplace injury due to occupational safety violations, we can help you get the settlement you deserve.
South Carolina was recently named in this news article, as the third deadliest state for the total number of car crashes. Despite your best efforts, you may still become injured due to the negligence of others.
If this happens to you, the attorneys at The Brown Firm can help you. We will fight for your rights to make sure that you get the settlement you deserve.
What is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer helps individuals who have sustained injuries in accidents to recover the financial compensation needed to pay for medical treatment, make up for lost wages, and pain and suffering.
The insurance companies will contact you quickly after your accident and will want to settle as soon as possible. Frequently the amount they want to pay for is much less than you may need. An experienced lawyer has the skill to negotiate with the insurance companies to make sure that you get compensated fairly for your injuries.
If the insurance companies fail to meet the compensation amount deemed necessary, then the PI attorney is prepared to take your case to court to make sure you receive the amount needed to cover your costs from your injuries.
Personal Injury Lawyers are familiar with how the insurance claim process works, what evidence is needed, and how to calculate and present a claim for you.
Without experienced legal counsel on your side, it can be challenging to navigate how to handle insurance companies.
What Makes The Personal Injury Attorneys at The Brown Firm In Beaufort, South Carolina Different?
Unlike other personal injury law firms in Beaufort, SC, The Brown Firm operates on a personal approach. We fully devote ourselves to each client's case, making sure that we determine the best approach to handle that specific individual case.
- Communication - At The Brown Firm, our team will keep you updated about everything regarding the case and guide you through your legal options.
- Protect Your Legal Rights - Our experienced attorneys will make sure that you aren't taken advantage of, or pressured into a settlement that doesn't help you. We will negotiate for you, and if necessary, go to court to make sure that you are compensated fairly.
- Experience - Our Beaufort, SC lawyers have the experience and knowledge to represent you in your personal injury case. They will gather all the relevant evidence and make sure that you are given the compensation you deserve.
- Put Our Clients First - At The Brown Firm, we understand that dealing with an injury and going through your case can be a trying time. That is why we focus on our clients. Your attorney will be available to you when you need them, even if it's outside of business hours.
- Contingency fees - Our attorneys work on a contingency fee, which means that they will not be paid until you receive your compensation.
What Is The Cost to Hire a Beaufort, Personal Injury Attorney?
The benefit of working with the personal injury attorneys at The Brown Firm is that we don't get paid unless you get paid. We do not require any upfront legal fees, and we offer a free consultation where we will go over your legal options and rights for your specific case.
Many lawyers charge an astronomical amount for their representation, and in the end, your case could end up costing you money.
That's why we never charge our clients a penny unless we win the case and get you the settlement that you deserve.
After you receive your settlement, a small percentage will be deducted to pay for your attorney's hard work and success at getting you the justice you deserve.
What Can be Compensated for in the Lawsuit?
There are several factors that determine the amount of your settlement, such as the circumstances of your accident, the severity of your injury, and the overall expenses due to the injuries sustained.
Your Beaufort, SC personal injury attorney will also include the following expenses to be calculated into your settlement:
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
Does a Personal Injury Lawsuit Require the Victim to Attend the Trial?
Not every injury claim will be taken to court. Frequently the claim is settled between your personal injury lawyer and the insurance companies during negotiations.
However, if insurance companies are unwilling to settle, your Beaufort injury lawyer is prepared to take the case to trial.
If that does happen, the plaintiff is typically required to be present at the hearing, but this occurs in only a small number of cases.
If your claim does go to trial, Beaufort's top personal injury attorneys have the experience and knowledge to fight for your rights and to make sure that you are compensated fairly for your injuries.
What Legal Matters Does the Brown Firm Cover?
The Brown Firm is dedicated to helping victims that have been injured in various ways.
Our personal injury law firm focuses on practice areas such as the following types of injury cases:
- Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Whiplash Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers Compensation
- Slips and Falls
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death
And any other type of accident that was caused by the negligence of another person.
Whether it is an individual, workplace, company, or an establishment that was negligent, resulting in your injuries, The Brown Firm will make sure that the responsible party is held accountable for the accident.
How Long Will It Take to Get Settlements?
The length of a PI claim varies from case to case. Some of the factors that can affect the timetable of receiving your settlement are:
- Your injuries: If you are still receiving medical treatment, the process will take longer. This is to make sure that any unforeseen complications from the injury do not arise after you have received your settlement.
- When you choose a law firm: Once you've selected one of the best personal injury lawyers in your area, they can begin to start your case. If you have delayed selecting your attorney, this will slow down the timetable for your compensation.
- Negotiations: This period can take some time as there will be a lot of back and forth between your attorney and the insurance company.
- Lawsuit: If the insurance company doesn't believe that your injuries were from the accident and won't settle on the amount of your settlement, your attorney will file a lawsuit.
- Trial: There are many stages before the lawsuit goes to trial. There will be a discovery phase, mediation, and negotiations (where settlements are usually reached), and if there is still no settlement, then the case will go to trial. This lengthens the timetable as hearings can get rescheduled, and the trial is often set at a later date, depending on the court's caseload.
All of these factors can affect when you receive the settlement.
With the help of an experienced attorney, they will fight to make sure that you receive the maximum settlement, while you focus on your recovery.
The Brown Firm's Promise To You
The Brown Firm's Attorneys care about you.
If you are unable to come to our office due to your injuries, we will come to you.
Our experienced personal injury attorneys will focus on your case to make sure that your rights are protected.
From your free consultation to when you receive your settlement, we will communicate with you throughout the entire process. We will help navigate the complexities of your legal case and help you find the medical care you need.
At The Brown Firm, we protect the injured.
Contact the Best Personal Injury Firm in South Carolina Today!
If you've been injured due to the negligence of others, our attorneys are here to help you.
Our staff cares about our clients and is here to help you during this traumatic time.
The Brown Firm has over 30 years of experience helping protect the injured. Let us help you today. Contact Beaufort's Best Personal Injury Attorneys to get the settlement you deserve. Call us today at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email to email@example.com to book a free consultation now!