Top Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Duluth, Ga
Motorcycle Accident victims in Duluth, Ga often experience severe injuries and damages after being involved in a collision that was caused by another's negligence.
Becoming a victim of a motorcycle crash leaves many people in need of an experienced Personal Injury Attorney to help fight for their legal rights and file a claim against the negligent person who caused the accident.
Our Duluth motorcycle accident lawyers are available for a free office, hospital, or home consultation.
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no up-front charges to you. Our attorneys receive legal fees only when they obtain a favorable motorcycle accident settlement or verdict for you.
To speak with one of our expert Injury Lawyers, click on the link below.
Common Injuries After a Motorcycle Crash
Motorcyclists often times experience more severe injuries than someone driving a regular passenger car because they lack the physical protection that a motor vehicle provides. Even the most experienced riders can obtain severe injuries due to the negligence of other drivers.
Some common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Duluth include: Head injury, road rash, biker's arm, muscle damage, and leg injuries.
Top Three Accident Injury Risks While Riding a Bike
The NHTSA found in 2002; bikers represented 8 percent of the total traffic fatalities, 9 percent of all occupant fatalities, and 2 percent of all occupants injured.
- Reducing Alcohol-Impaired Riding: Motorcyclists are the most likely of all motor vehicle operators to have BACs of 0.08 percent or greater. Many states cited alcohol as a safety problem for cyclists. It's pondered that more impairment prevention programs need to target motorcyclists as well as automobile drivers, and police need sufficient training on recognizing cues indicating when motorcyclists may be impaired.
- Reducing Speed: Speeding in another significant risk factor found more often among bikers than among automobile operators. Speeding is especially problematic among riders of sport and super sports motorcycles. These lighter, high horsepower bikes have heightened speed and acceleration abilities that are likely to incite speeding and be attractive to those inclined to do so.
- Lessening Invalid Licensure: Faulty licensure is also more common among fatally injured bike riders than among fatally injured automobile drivers. In 2013, 25% of mortally injured cyclists did not have a valid license, paralleled with 13% of mortally injured vehicle drivers. The National Center for Statistics and Analysis found motorcyclists only made up 2 percent of all registered vehicles in the country and accounted for only 0.3% of all vehicle miles traveled.
Even when proper precaution are taken severe injury can still occur. However, it is critical to take safety precautions every time you ride a motorcycle.
The Two Most Important Tips To Avoid Severe Injury
- Wearing a helmet is one of the most important safety tips to follow. Despite this, head injuries and Traumatic Brain Injuries are the leading cause of Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Duluth, Ga. Being sure to wear a properly fitted helmet could be the difference between an injury and death.
- Wearing proper gear when riding a bike will help protect your skin in the event you are thrown from the bike and skid across the pavement. Even with proper equipment, skin damage and road rash can still occur.
Road Hazards Affecting Cyclists
Often bikers forget the security and protection motor vehicles offer while on the roadways. Just because most cyclists have the experience of operating a vehicle for years doesn't mean it is comparable to a bike. Something as little as a leaf can cause a motorcycle collision, learn other common dangers to cyclists and how to prevent an accident. Here are some factors causing accidents:
- Bumpy Roads.Rough and rugged roads, either from disrepair, construction work, or resurfacing efforts, can cause motorcycle accidents.
- Gravel on Roadways. Gravel is one of the hardest dangers for bikers to navigate. And it's even worse if encountered during cornering. Cyclists tend to travel more on winding roads where gravel seems to be more prevalent, which requires lots of cornering.
- Edge Breaks. A edge break is when two traffic lanes are different heights. This turns into a bigger problem when cyclists are traveling on highways at too fast of speeds.
- Expansion Joints.Expansion joints connect to sections of the road together or a section of a road to a bridge. They permit the road to expand or contract without cracking. The uneven surface can result in motorcycle accidents and can become slick in wet weather.
- Open Bridge Joints.Open bridge joints hold sections of a bridge together. Some can be very wide making it challenging for motorcycle riders to guide safely over.
- Even hitting just a small animal can be enough to through a cyclist off balance or path. Regretfully, it's hard to predict the precise moment a small animal will run into the road and swerving to avoid them can cause accidents as well. On the other hand, large animals such as deer can be a serious hazard in areas with large deer populations. Striking a deer can be fatal to motorcycle riders.
Motorcyclists are more vulnerable to injury if they are struck by another vehicle. The accident victims usually sustain severe, permanent injuries if the accident does not end up in a fatality. When such an accident occurs due to the negligent driving of others, including:
- Disregard For Traffic Laws
- Driving Under The Influence
- Willful Disregard
It is the responsibility of the driver to remedy the injuries sustained by the victim.
Actions That May Lead to a Motorcycle Wreck
It's not uncommon for both trucks and cars to oversee a cyclist in an intersection or while changing lanes. Many times a collision is not caused by cyclists handling or maneuverability of the bike, it's usually negligence of another truck driver or public transport that causes an accident. The following traffic behaviors often lead to injured bikers and accident scenes:
- Making a left turn in front of a motorcycle without using signals
- Switching lanes without checking for traffic in mirrors
- Failing to yield the right of way to cyclists
- Speeding or driving recklessly
- Using a cell phone or engaging with mobile device while driving
- Following too close behind a motorcycle resulting in not allowing enough time to stop
Georgia Motorcycle Crash Statistics
- How many deaths and injuries occur due to cyclists crashing?Shockingly, around 4,000 motorcyclists die each year and an average of 92,000 are injured. The federal government computed the number of deaths on motorcycles was over 27 times the number of cars.
- How many motorcyclists are estimated to be on the road throughout the year? In the year 2014, there were about 8.4 million cyclists on the roadways.
- What is the most common bike collision causing death? Cyclists striking fixed objects accounts for 25% of motorcycle deaths, but only 18% of car crashes result in death.
- What are the main injuries leading to bike fatalities?Head injuries are the main cause of death among motorcyclists. But only 19 states and the District of Columbia mandate helmet use of all riders.
- What is a loved one has been killed in a bike accident?In these distressing situations, a survivor of the deceased or a family member may be entitled to filing a wrongful death lawsuit depending on the details surrounding the crash. Did you know motorcyclists are 26 times as likely to suffer a wrongful death in a car accident as passenger car occupants?
- What are the most common factors relating to motorcycle crashes?Nearly half of all fatal accidents show alcohol involvement and the severity of injuries varies on the speed traveled before the accident.
- What measures should I take after being involved in a bike accident?Always seek proper medical care and be sure to notify the authorities. Then you should contact a Duluth personal injury lawyer at the Brown Firm and allow us to start collecting important facts and information outlining your crash. Georgia Motorcycle Laws can be complex, educate yourself on bike safety practices, and ways to stay safe to prevent future accidents, check out these 4 motorcycle safety tips.
You Pay Nothing Until Your Duluth Motorcycle Accident Case is Settled
We won’t charge you a penny, until we settle your case. Your phone calls, consultation, and paperwork is prepared free of charge.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Duluth that was not your fault, you may qualify for the following damages:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Income
- Property Damage
- Emotional Trauma
Contact The Brown Firm if you were involved in a motorcycle wreck that was caused by someone else, Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney in Duluth provide a free consultation and will assist in filing your personal injury case.