Were you injured in an accident recently that wasn't your fault?
If you are suffering from an injury that occurred near Virginia-Highland, GA, you will need the help of an experienced Personal Injury Attorney to protect your legal rights and help you obtain the compensation that you deserve.
When you become injured because of someone else's negligence, you deserve to be compensated for the injuries and damages that you suffered.
It's important to act quickly after an accident occurs, never put off contacting an experienced attorney for legal help.
If you happened to be injured in a car accident, contact our Virginia-Highland Car Accident Lawyers today.
When you hire an attorney from The Brown Firm, you can rest assured that your case will be in the best hands.
Click below to schedule your free appointment with Virginia-Highland, Georgia's Top Personal Injury Attorneys today.
The Brown Firm represents those who have been involved in:
- Wrongful Death as a result of Personal Injury.
- Slip and Fall or Premises Liability Injuries
- Car Accidents resulting in life-altering damages including Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injuries.
- Motorcycle Accidents, including Traumatic Brain Injuries, Spinal cord injuries, Whiplash, and severe back pain.
- Work-Related Injuries from minor injuries that heal in days to chronic injuries that last a lifetime.
- Truck Accidents from improperly maintained vehicles, tired drivers, and violations of highway traffic and safety laws.
- Medical Negligence and Medical Malpractice, including injuries related to misdiagnosis, childbirth mistakes, surgical errors, prescription drug errors, and nursing mistakes.
Contact a Doctor After an Accident
It's important not only for your health but also for your PI Injury Case to receive immediate medical treatment after being involved in an accident that wasn't your fault.
The insurance company of the person who caused your accident will be looking to minimize the damages that occurred and will try to offer you the lowest settlement amount possible.
Unfortunately, if you wait too long to get treatment, or do not follow a treatment plan that the doctor puts together, you run the risk of being offered a lower settlement or none at all.
The longer you wait to seek medical treatment, the harder it will be for your attorney to win your case. Keep in mind:
- See a medical professional immediately after an accident
- Follow your doctor's instructions and never miss an appointment
- Keep track of your records and procedures
Personal Injury Laws
The purpose of the personal injury legal system in Georgia is to ensure that victims of accidents are compensated by the insurance company for the damages and injuries that they suffered.
Personal Injury Accident victims in Georgia have a two-year Statute of Limitations to file a lawsuit. If the lawsuit is not filed within this time frame, law firms and courts will refuse to hear the case.
Speak with an Attorney Immediately after an Accident
Many people hold off on seeking legal help after an accident. Some think that they will not be able to afford the help of an experienced lawyer, while others believe they will be able to negotiate for settlement on their own.
There are several things you should keep in mind after being involved in a PI Accident:
- The Brown Firm works on a contingency fee basis; meaning there are no upfront fees for our services. We only receive payment if we win your case.
- Studies have shown that injured victims who have proper legal representation receive an average financial settlement of more than 3x higher than those who do not.
- Negotiating a settlement is a delicate process, as the insurance companies hire insurance adjusters, whose full-time job is dealing with accidents and injury cases. They are backed by professional investigators, vocational specialists, a team of attorneys, medical experts, etc.
The quicker you seek the help of an attorney, the better chance you will have at obtaining the compensation that you deserve.
The Brown Firm attorneys will review the details of your case, determine if you are entitled to a financial settlement, estimate the value of your case, and draft a demand letter to the insurance company of the negligent party asking for compensation.
It is up to your attorney to handle all of the negotiations with the other party's insurance company, and if for some reason an agreement cannot be met, your attorney will be prepared to take your case to trial.
Our Firm Does Not Charge any Up-Front Legal Fees for Services
Many people avoid legal help because they do not have the money to pay up-front for services.
At The Brown Firm, we do not charge any up-front legal fees to begin helping with your case.
Our attorneys will get paid when you have obtained a settlement for your case. They work diligently to ensure that each client's needs are completely satisfied and promise to:
- Always do what is in the client's best interest: We provide open communication with our clients and 24/7 availability to ensure they are happy and informed on the details of their case.
- Keep All discussions Confidential: All details and discussions regarding your case are kept confidential. If you wish for your lawyer to disclose any information to your spouse or other relatives, you must give us permission to do so.
- Ask permission before settling a case: If a settlement offer is received from the defendant, we will review the offer with you and provide our recommendation on whether you should accept the offer, and if not, explain why.
After being involved in an accident that was not your fault you deserve to be compensated for your losses.
You do not have to handle the added stress of filing a lawsuit and trying to obtain the money that you are owed on your own. Having a personal injury attorney on your side will make your life easier when it comes to understanding the legal process of a PI lawsuit.
The Brown Firm Attorneys have been representing personal injury accident victims for over 30 years. You can rest assured that you will be in the best hands when you hire one of our experienced attorneys to handle your case. 👍
One-click below is all it takes to schedule your free consultation with Virginia-Highland, GA's top Personal Injury Accident Lawyers today.