If you are a victim who suffered injuries from a tractor-trailer truck accident in Douglasville, GA then you should seek legal guidance immediately.
Our Douglasville Truck Accident Injury Lawyers specialize in accident injury cases and can protect your rights.
Many truck accident victims are left with serious injuries, large medical bills, and emotional turmoil after suffering a truck wreck.
Since trucking accident cases are far more complex than normal car accident cases you need a legal team who has experience with the federal trucking regulations and the trucking-accident laws pertaining to your state.
Contact our experienced truck accident injury attorneys in Douglasville, Ga for free legal advice and representation.
If you happened to be injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our Douglasville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers today.
The Complexities of Major Truck Accident Lawsuits
Individuals involved in a truck accident are in need of a well trained and experienced team of attorneys that understand the difference between truck accidents and standard automobile wrecks.
Accidents involving large commercial trucks are on a much bigger scale and typically involve special circumstances and issues
A loaded big rig can range anywhere from 10,000 pounds up to 80,000 pounds or more, compared to an average vehicle only weighing 3,000 pounds.
Seventy-nine percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred during the weekday, and of those weekday crashes 71 percent occurred between the hours of 6 a.m. to 5:59 p.m.
Naturally with such large disparity in mass, collisions involving these motor vehicles usually end in catastrophe.
Other differences include the mechanics of operating such large vehicles meaning the acceleration, braking, visibility, and turning of big rigs are all limited.
Large vehicles such as eighteen-wheelers are subject to "jackknifing" under certain conditions, especially during sudden braking or turning.
Commercial trucks also struggle with turning, particularly turning into the right lane, which often requires the use of two lanes while completing a turn.
Trucks are often operated by a driver employed by a trucking or shipping company. Because of this, identifying defendants in a truck accident may be a little different from an accident with another private motorist.
The Brown Firm will identify all guilty parties including:
- Insurance Companies
- Trucking Companies
Large Commercial Trucks Cause Serious Injuries
If a truck wreck doesn't kill the victim, it often leaves him or her with horrific Truck Accident Injuries that are so severe they will require long-term treatment and care.
Many courageous survivors find themselves with a decreased quality of life after, leaving them financially and physically confined. This suffering is terrible and unacceptable.
Other Common Injuries Include:
- Back and Neck Injuries: Because we rely on our back and necks for needed support and functionality, these injuries often prevent victims from returning to work and daily activities.
- Lacerations: Cuts and lacerations from truck wrecks can be particularly painful and often leave massive scars that may never fully heal.
- Broken Bones: The sheer size and power of a tractor-trailer or commercial truck means bones are easily broken and ravaged than collisions involving just cars.
- Head Injuries: Symptoms from head injuries include confusion, nausea, vision problems, and various cognitive difficulties. Head trauma can result from serious or minor crashes resulting in direct trauma to the head due to whiplash or rapid acceleration or deceleration. Sustaining injuries to the brain can be life-altering, leaving some victims to never be the same again.
- Seat Belt Injuries: Although seat belts are designed to protect you, in some instances seat belts can also cause injuries such as whiplash.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries are very difficult to treat and may cause internal bleeding to organs like the bladder, liver, kidney, pancreas, and spleen.
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis: Truck Accident Injuries to the spinal cord can be specifically devastating leaving some victims permanently paralyzed.
- Wrongful Death: Tractor-trailer accidents are 10 times more likely to kill you than crashes with other cars. When someone else's negligence causes the death of your loved one you need an experienced truck accident injury attorney who can hold the trucking company liable.
Investigating The Accident Scene
Complex tractor-trailer truck accident litigation requires a thorough investigation, expert witnesses, and clever use of discovery procedures once a case has been filed. Our premier Personal Injury Law Firm provides:
- A prompt investigation of the accident scene,
- Documentation of all favorable evidence,
- Searching for eyewitnesses,
- Skid marks, yaw marks, accident debris, gouge marks
- Along with, oil, gas, and radiator fluid stains that can disappear quickly after an accident
- Our on-site field investigators obtain police reports, motor carrier records, witness statements, photographs, and safety logs
Major Truck Accident Injuries can point to a lifetime of costly medical care and personal challenges.
The worst part about these happenings is the larger part of truck accidents are caused by the driver's or truck companies negligence.
In 2014, there were 3,903 people killed, and an estimated 111,000 people injured in crashes involving large trucks.
In the U.S. an estimated 438,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported traffic crashes during 2014. Of those, 1,631 fatal crashes were reported in the state of Georgia.
Identifying Important Factors In Tractor-Trailer Accidents
Common factors causing commercial truck accidents are as follows:
- Improperly Maintained Vehicles
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Violate safety laws such as speeding, cutting off drivers, and making incorrect turns
- Unrealistic schedules
- Tired or Fatigued Drivers
- Faulty or unsafe tires
Occupants of other automobiles and motorcyclists involved in a truck accident are susceptible to tremendous injury.
Many Truck Accident Injuries are so severe that they will necessitate sustained long-term treatment and medical care. Accident survivors often suffer from 3rd-degree burns, brain and spinal cord damage, and limb loss.
In 45 percent of the two-vehicle crashes, both the large truck and the other vehicle were moving straight at the time of the crash (head-on collision.)
We Specialize in Helping Truck Injury Accident Victims In Douglasville, Georgia
We are dedicated to proving your injuries and bringing forth all liable negligent parties that caused your devastating and life-changing accident.
You found a trusted and respected personal injury firm that can help you achieve a winning outcome in your trucking accident lawsuit. Call us today (912) 200-9755.
If you have suffered in a Commercial Truck Accident our lawyers can help you through these difficult times.
We understand most accident victim goals are to regain your health, see that your medical bills are taken care of, and ensure that you do not suffer financially from lost wages.
Our Douglasville Truck Accident Attorneys will prepare a comprehensive claim and seek the highest level of compensation for any accident-related expenses and losses including:
- hospital care
- medical care
- physical therapy
- lost wages
- property damage
- home care
The Brown Firm has in-depth and hands-on experience dealing with truck accidents throughout the Georgia area.
Let our experienced and determined Personal Injury Lawyers in Douglasville protect your interests, so you can concentrate on your health and recovery. 👍
Hiring a Douglasville, Georgia truck accident lawyer can mean the difference in a winning outcome.
It only takes one click on the link below to get your truck accident case started.