BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN YEMASSEE, SOUTH CAROLINA
Did you know – South Carolina is the third deadliest state when it comes to car accidents. If you live in Yemassee, South Carolina, you must know that car accidents can jeopardize one's way of living. In worse cases, the severity of the injury can cause death. Not to mention, victims will shoulder the financial burden for a long time, which is more devastating.
Sad to say, the party responsible for the accident can't bring the lost time or the life that was taken away. However, the victim can seek monetary compensation to settle the dispute on the lawsuit. If you're someone who is looking for a car accident lawyer for settlement, The Brown Firm has the best ones in South Carolina.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Each accident is different; so, every car accident lawsuit has a separate settlement claim. Most of the time, the amount of insurance coverage, the extent of injuries suffered by the victim, and the amount of damage to the vehicle and other properties determine the final settlement.
When the total value of damages has been calculated, our attorney from Yemassee will draft a demand letter that provides the accurate – if not the exact – amount of payment that the responsible party must cover.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
In regards to damages, there are two types of car accident compensation – specific and general. The insurance company will identify which party is at fault. If it's your party's fault, even a little, the insurance company will more likely reduce any financial compensation.
Hence, talk to one of our Yemassee car accident lawyers who will properly guide you in telling the information was the insurance company asks; since the insurance companies might use your words against you.
Specific damage refers to the amount of money that was lost due to the accident, such as medical treatments, earning capacity, wages, and property.
On the other hand, general damage refers to more subjective, such as physical pain felt because of the injuries, emotional distress, inability to have children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR YEMASSEE LAWYERS?
The Brown Firm applies a contingency fee model in working with clients – the lawyer will get paid once for the compensation is done. Therefore, the lawyer must do everything to settle the payment. Plus, our lawyers only get a small percentage from the settlement.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents are prevalent and sometimes fatal in the state of South Carolina. Accidents can happen anytime, and here are the most common reasons why accidents occur in the country.
- Texting – Texting while driving is against the law. However, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle for some.
- Alcohol – Alcohol has been the primary reason for car accidents. Consuming alcohol makes you have slower decision making and reactions — the only way of driving home safe after a party is refusing to drive drunk.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving tired can lead to misjudgment in traffic regulations and suddenly being asleep while driving; it can also feel irritated while driving tired.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the number of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions also hinder vision.
- Speeding – Most of the time, accidents caused by speeding happen because the driver is either running late for an appointment or trying to beat the traffic. Whatever the reason is, speeding should not be done.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
Yes – the passenger can still file a monetary compensation to cover lost expenses. Also, you can choose options to recover the damage caused by the car accident.
You can file a claim against the other driver's insurance companies; however, it depends on the amount of damage the other party has caused. Are you suffering from injuries brought by the car accident? Our lawyers in Yemassee will do the same service if you are a passenger.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
Yes – the photos are evidence in claiming the settlement. After a car accident, the lawyers and insurance company will investigate the details of the accident. The more evidence is gathered, the higher chances in ending with a massive chunk of settlement cash.
Plus, provide the best photos available. In doing so, take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, the weather, and injuries.
Contact the Best Car Accident Lawyers in Yemassee, South Carolina Today!
Certainly, getting injuries from car accidents is not painful – it's also traumatic! Hence, the best way to at least patch the scars caused by the incident is through having monetary compensation of what needs to be paid.
With over 30 years of experience, The Brown Firm will guarantee that you will get the settlement that you deserve. You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Book a free consultation now!