If you are a commuter or a motorist, there may come a time when you find yourself getting involved in a car accident. The gravity of the incident can vary depending on your unique circumstances. It may be minor and involves only a few dents or scratches to your vehicle, or it can be severe enough to result in a fatality or physical injury.
There may be different causes that led to the accident, but one thing is certain – the lives of people involved will be affected in one way or another. Minor incidents can be downplayed and treated as mere nuisances, but significant events that include injuries and damages can result in a longer-lasting negative impact.
The physical injuries incurred may involve surgeries, emergency medical attention, and medication, depending on the severity. Such incidents will include costs that can be draining on the part of the aggrieved party. If the injury is severe enough that it incapacitates the involved party to work or perform day-to-day activities, the stress and toll on the person can be severe and long-lasting.
But whatever the cause of the car accident may be, the lost time, opportunities, and way of life taken from the aggrieved party cannot be in any way restored. What can be done, however, is to make a claim and file for a lawsuit, enabling the injured party to settle and receive some monetary compensation that they rightfully deserve.
If you are such an aggrieved party who is a victim of a car accident, you can get the assistance of the best car accident lawyers in Wiggins, South Carolina, by working with The Brown Firm. They can supply you precisely with the legal experts and car accident lawyers that you need.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
One of the primary tasks of your Wiggins car accident lawyer is to formulate and draft a demand letter that you can send to the offending party. This letter will contain information on the type and amount of compensation that the offending party needs to settle and provide.
The exact amount of compensation that you will be entitled to, however, needs to be correctly calculated, taken into consideration various factors as well. These factors include the amount of insurance coverage you have, the severity of the injuries you incurred, and the damages that your car and other properties have sustained.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
The car accident compensation that you can receive will depend on the type of damages that you have incurred on your person or your property. The insurance company will first make an assessment as to the amount and degree of damage and injury that you sustained, as well as your involvement with regards to the actual cause of the accident. These damages include:
- Specific Damages – refer to the particular amount of money that was lost directly due to the accident. This includes medical treatments, earning capacity, lost wages, and lost or damaged properties.
- General Damages – Refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, debilitating condition that prevents you from having children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
Such an assessment is essential to determine the amount of final compensation you can receive. If the insurance company’s assessment puts you as directly responsible for the accident, even if it only involves a small part, your final compensation can be affected.
That is why it is advisable to first coordinate with our car accident lawyers from The Brown Firm branch in Wiggins, South Carolina, before you involve yourself in discussions with your insurance company.
These expert lawyers can give you proper legal advice and guidance on how you should discuss things with your insurance company. This would be to your most significant advantage so you can maximize the benefits and compensation that you can receive.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR WIGGINS LAWYERS?
While our car accident lawyers at The Brown Firm work through a contingency fee model, these lawyers are professional enough to work with their clients to the best of their abilities.
Even if they get only a small percentage from your settlement, these expert lawyers are highly dedicated to helping clients process their claims, finalize their settlements and receive the proper monetary compensation that they should justly receive.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents of varying degrees such incidents can happen anytime and anywhere, whether you live in South Carolina, or in any other state for that matter. These incidents involve various scenarios and situations and can vary in severity – ranging from minor injuries to something which can prove fatal.
These accidents can result from a wide variety of causes, some of which may include but are not limited to:
- Texting – While texting while driving is against the law and is actually one of the primary causes of vehicular accidents, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road. Many of these people would rather risk violating the law or getting involved in the accident – for the simple fact that pulling over and sending a text is a hassle.
- Alcohol – One of the most primary reasons for car accidents is driving under the influence. Elevated amounts of alcohol can slow your reaction time and slows down your decision-making capacities. The best way to avoid accidents and arriving home safe from a party is to avoid driving drunk.
- Fatigue – While many people downplay the risks and still insist on driving even when they are tired, they don’t realize the danger they are in until it is too late. Driving while tired slows down their reaction speed and clouds their judgment. Even a few seconds where they can doze off or fall asleep while on the wheel can prove fatal.
- Weather – Rain, snow, or fog are weather conditions that can hinder driving vision that will put the driver at a greater risk of getting into a car accident. Such weather conditions are proven to be a significant factor, based on the number of incidents where such conditions are involved.
- Speeding – Speeding is a reckless action that puts you and your passengers in danger. People who are running late would usually result in speeding, putting themselves at a higher risk of getting involved in a car accident.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
Yes, you can still file for monetary compensation to cover your losses, even if you are a passenger. This is even more so, particularly if another party causes the accident. The compensation that you can claim will depend on the amount of damage or personal injury you sustained, and the insinuating circumstances that led to your accident.
Whether you are the driver or the passenger that was involved in the car accident which resulted in serious physical injuries and mental trauma, you can still receive the same level of services from the expert lawyers at The Brown Firm branch in Wiggins, South Carolina, that is accorded to all their clients.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
Yes, you can take photos after getting involved in a car accident. These photos can be used as proper evidence that you can use when claiming your settlement. It is a standard protocol for your insurance companies and our car accident lawyers to investigate the details of your accident and gather as much useful evidence as possible.
That is why it is definitely advisable to take photos after getting involved in a car accident. It would be to your best advantage to take the best photos that you can get and capture as many photographs as possible. Take photos of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding areas, the weather, and also your injuries. These will prove highly useful when you are making a car accident claim.
Contact the Best Car Accident Lawyers in Wiggins, South Carolina Today!
Getting involved in a car accident can be a painful and traumatic experience, particularly if you incurred serious physical injuries that incapacitates you in one form or another. The best way to deal with the difficulties associated with such an accident is to get the proper and sufficient monetary compensation that you should rightfully receive.
With over 30 years of experience, the best car accident lawyers from The Brown Firm have the skills, experience, and expertise that will guarantee you in getting the right settlement that you deserve. You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Book a free consultation now!