BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN TARBORO, SOUTH CAROLINA
In terms of car accidents, South Carolina was rated the third deadliest state last year. Such car accidents can destroy your health, drain your pockets, and can even force you to suffer if the injury is too severe. What's more devastating is the financial crisis that car accident victims can suffer long after the incident has taken place.
Because of the issue or the life that was taken away, the one responsible for the car accident may not carry the lost time. And if you're looking for the best car accident lawyers for settlement, you can get them in The Brown Firm, South Carolina.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Each case involving automobile accidents has a separate compensation claim as each accident is different. What decides the final settlement is the amount of insurance coverage, the severity of the victim's injury, and the amount of car and other property damage.
Our Tarboro counsel must write a letter of claim that includes a precise if not the exact amount of the sum that the other party needs to cover once the total value of the damages has been determined.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
Specific and general damages are the two types of car accident compensation in terms of damages. If the incident is your responsibility, the insurance company will first review it. If it is only small, there are high chances that the insurance company will limit the final payout.
In these kinds of situations, you should consult one of our Tarboro car accident lawyers to help you guide on what information you should disclose to insurance companies and what you should not tell them because these things can be used against you.
- Specific damages refer to the particular amount of money that was lost due to the accident like medical treatments, earning capacity, wages, and property that has been lost because of the accident.
- General damages, on the other hand, refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain felt because of the injuries, emotional distress, inability to have children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR TARBORO LAWYERS?
The Brown Firm operates on a contingency fee basis for our clients, which means the lawyer will only get paid once the case has been settled. It means your lawyer has to do everything in his power to get paid. Our attorneys will get just a small percentage of your settlement as well.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents are common and sometimes deadly in the state of South Carolina. Accidents can happen anytime and anywhere, and here are the usual reasons why accidents occur in the country.
- Texting – Texting while driving is against the law. However, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle for some.
- Alcohol – Alcohol has been the primary reason for car accidents. Consuming alcohol makes you have slower decision making and reactions — the only way of driving home safe after a party is refusing to drive drunk.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving tired can lead to misjudgment in traffic regulations and suddenly being asleep while driving. This can also feel irritated while driving tired.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the number of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions also hinder vision.
- Speeding – Most of the time, accidents caused by speeding happen because the driver is either running late of an appointment or trying to beat the traffic. Whatever the reason is, speeding should not be done.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
Yes, even if you are not the vehicle's driver, you can still file for monetary compensation to cover the costs you lost. There are a few choices from which to retrieve the damage caused by an accident.
Depending on the amount of harm the other party has done, you will file a claim against insurance companies of the other driver. If you ever get involved in an accident and get hurt, our attorneys in Tarboro will do the same service we would do if you're a driver.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
Sure, following the car accident, you should take pictures as it provides evidence that can be used to support your settlement. After a car accident, our attorneys and your insurance company will investigate the details of the accident and gather as much evidence as you can to get a higher chance of ending with a massive chunk of settlement cash.
You want to provide the best photos possible. In doing so, you would want to take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, the weather, and your injuries.
Contact the best car accident lawyers in Tarboro, South Carolina today!
Experiencing an injury can be difficult and disturbing. The best way to at least patch the scars caused by the incident is through having monetary compensation of what needs to be paid.
With over 30 years of experience, The Brown Firm will guarantee that you will get the settlement that you deserve. You can call us at (843) 919-7888. Book a free consultation now!