BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN PALMETTO BLUFF, SOUTH CAROLINA
The state of Carolina is currently ranked as the third deadliest state in the US due to how frequent fatal car accidents occur in the area. Auto accidents can lead to deaths if the resulting injuries are too severe. Car crashes can be life-threatening as well as a significant factor in losing money.
Car accidents can keep families from being together either due to the time spent recovering or the death of a family member. The least that the victims can get to help alleviate their burdens is to get a financial settlement and cover their expenses. If you need a car accident lawyer for settlement, the best ones that you can get in South Carolina are the ones from The Brown Firm.
Each car accident lawsuit has a different settlement claim since no accident is the same as another accident. The final settlement is usually determined by the amount of insurance coverage, the extent of the victim’s injuries, the amount of damage the vehicle sustained, and others.
Once the total value of damages has been calculated, our Palmetto Bluff attorneys will draft a demand letter that provides an accurate, if not exact, amount of the payment that needs to be covered by the other party.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
There are two types of car accident compensation in terms of damages, specific and general damages. Your insurance company will first determine if the accident is your fault, and if you contributed to letting the accident occur in any way, the financial compensation you will receive would be reduced.
You should talk to one of our Palmetto Bluff car accident lawyers to help guide you on what you should and should not tell insurance companies because the insurance companies might use them against you.
- Specific damages refer to the particular amount of money that was lost due to the accident like medical treatments, earning capacity, wages, and property that has been lost because of the accident.
- General damages refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain felt because of the injuries, emotional distress, inability to have children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR PALMETTO BLUFF LAWYERS?
The Brown Firm works with our clients on a contingency fee model, which means that your lawyer will only get paid once the compensation has been settled, prompting them to do everything to get paid. Our lawyers will also get only a small percentage from your settlement.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents are prevalent and sometimes fatal in the state of South Carolina. Accidents can happen anytime, and here are the most common reasons why accidents occur in the country.
- Texting – Texting while driving is against the law. However, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle for some.
- Alcohol – Drunk driving has caused many car accidents in the past. Consuming alcohol slows down your decision making and reaction time. The only way a driver can go home safely after partying is by not driving while under the influence of alcohol.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving tired can lead to misjudgment in traffic regulations and suddenly falling asleep while driving. People can also get irritated quickly when driving while fatigued.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the frequency of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions also hinder vision.
- Speeding –Most people speed because they are running late for an appointment or a meeting and are trying to beat the traffic to try and get to their destination on time. Speeding will likely result in car accidents occurring.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
Yes, even if you are not the driver of the vehicle, you can still file for monetary compensation to cover your lost expenses. There are a few options that you can choose to recover from an accident.
You can file a claim against the other driver’s insurance companies depending on the amount of damage that the other party has done. If you are ever involved in an accident and receive damages, our Palmetto Bluff lawyers will give you the same service that drivers receive.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
Yes, you can take photos after your car accident since it provides evidence that you can use when claiming your settlement. After a car accident, our attorneys and your insurance company will examine the details of the accident, which is why you must gather as much evidence as you can to get a higher chance of ending with a significant amount of settlement money.
You want to provide the best photos possible. In doing so, you would want to take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, the weather, and your injuries.
Contact the best car accident lawyers in Palmetto Bluff, South Carolina today!
Experiencing an injury can be painful and harrowing. The best way to at least patch the scars caused by the incident is through having monetary compensation of what needs to be paid.
With over 30 years of experience, The Brown Firm will assure you that you will get the settlement that you need. You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email at email@example.com. Book a free consultation now!