BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN PINELAND, SOUTH CAROLINA
One’s everyday life can be disrupted if they find themselves getting involved in a car accident. The incident can be a minor one, resulting in a few dents or scratches to your vehicle, or it can be a serious one that can result in a debilitating, or even fatal, physical injury.
Such serious injuries can incapacitate you to perform work or even your day-to-day activities. This can lead to even more serious situations and difficulties that you can find yourself in, such as ending up with financial hardship that can burden you long after your accident has taken place.
The accident may have been caused primarily by another party due to one reason or another. But whatever the cause may be, the lost time, opportunities, and way of life taken from you cannot be restored. What you can do, however, is to make a claim and file for a lawsuit, enabling you to settle and receive some monetary compensation that you rightfully deserve.
To help you with this cause, you need to get the assistance of the best car accident lawyers in Pineland, South Carolina, and The Brown Firm can supply you precisely with these legal experts you need.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Every car accident is unique from any other incidents. The size of monetary claims and settlement that you can receive will also vary depending on the particular situations and circumstances involving your accident.
Our Pineland car accident attorneys will formulate a proper demand letter that indicates the amount of monetary compensation that the other party needs to compensate you with.
The exact amount of monetary compensation that you can receive and negotiate in a final settlement will depend on various factors. These factors include but are not limited to:
- Amount of Insurance Coverage
- The extent of Injuries Suffered by the Victim
- Amount of Damage to the Vehicle and Other Properties
- Other factors that can be taken into consideration
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
After you get yourself involved in a car accident, the first step that your insurance company will need to perform is to determine whether you are at fault or if the accident is caused solely by another party. They will conduct a proper investigation, after which a final assessment will determine your involvement.
This, in turn, will determine the amount of insurance claim that you are entitled to receive. The type of damages that you incurred will also be a significant factor in determining the exact compensation that you can receive. These types of damages include:
- Specific Damages – refer to the particular amount of money that was lost directly due to the accident. This includes medical treatments, earning capacity, lost wages, and lost or damaged properties.
- General Damages – Refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, debilitating condition that prevents you from having children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
Whatever damages are involved in the accident, it would be best to talk with our car accident lawyers from The Brown Firm in Pineland, South Carolina, before you communicate with insurance companies.
These expert lawyers can give you proper legal advice and guidance on the type and nature of the information that you should discuss – and not discuss – with your insurance companies.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR PINELAND LAWYERS?
Our car accident lawyers at The Brown Firm are professional. They are highly dedicated to working with our clients to help them process their claims and receive the proper compensation that they should justly receive.
Our lawyers work on a contingency fee model, which means is that we are only paid if our clients are awarded a settlement. Our lawyers get a small percentage from your settlement, so it would only be natural for them to do everything in their power to help you finalize the settlement and receive just compensation.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
While South Carolina is known to have a high occurrence of car accidents, that can happen at any time and can involve various scenarios and situations. These accidents can vary in severity, resulting in serious physical injuries, some of which can prove fatal.
These accidents can result from a wide variety of causes, some of which may include but are not limited to:
- Texting – While texting while driving is against the law and is one of the primary causes of vehicular accidents, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road. Many of these people would rather risk violating the law or getting involved in the accident – for the simple fact that pulling over and sending a text is a hassle.
- Alcohol – Driving under the influence of alcohol is one of the most primary reasons for car accidents. People who are intoxicated with elevated amounts of alcohol have slower reflexes and reaction time, increasing the risk of accidents. That is why it is highly advisable not to drive when you drink.
- Fatigue – People will feel fatigued after a long day or while driving at night, making it highly risky to drive while tired or sleepy. Just like when you are intoxicated with alcohol, driving while tired slows down your reaction speed and clouds your judgment. Just a few seconds of dozing off or falling asleep while at the wheel – can result in a severe accident that can prove fatal.
- Weather – Poor weather conditions like rain, snow, and fog can hinder vision and cause slippery road conditions that may result in an accident.
- Speeding – Speeding is a reckless action that puts you and your passengers in danger. People who are running late would usually result in speeding, putting themselves at a higher risk of getting involved in a car accident.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
In a car accident, the driver is not the only one at risk of getting physical injuries, but their passengers as well. In these cases where passengers can also get seriously injured, although there may be a few options available, they can still file for monetary compensation to cover your losses.
Passengers can file a claim against the other driver’s insurance company, the amount of compensation of which will depend on the amount of damage incurred, and the insinuating circumstances involved.
Whether you are the driver or is a passenger involved in the car accident, resulting in serious physical injuries or damages to personal property, the expert lawyers at The Brown Firm branch in Pineland will provide you with the same level of services to all clients.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
It is advisable to take photos after getting involved in a car accident, and if you do, you should take the best photos that you can get as possible. Take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding areas, the weather, and also your injuries.
Such photos can be useful for you later on as they can be used as evidence when claiming your settlement. These photos will be used by your car accident lawyers as well as our insurance company in their investigation, providing you with a higher chance of receiving proper compensation and sizable settlement cash.
Contact the Best Car Accident Lawyers in Pineland, South Carolina Today!
Getting involved in a car accident can be a painful and traumatic experience, notably if you incurred severe physical injuries that incapacitate you in one form or another. The best way to deal with the difficulties associated with such an accident is to get the proper and sufficient monetary compensation that you should rightfully receive.
With over 30 years of experience, the best car accident lawyers from The Brown Firm have the skills, knowledge, and expertise that will guarantee you in getting the right settlement that you deserve. You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email at email@example.com. Book a free consultation now!