BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN LOBECO, SOUTH CAROLINA
The state of South Carolina is considered to be one of the fatal places in terms of car accidents. While it could be quite alarming, especially for the residents of Lobeco, South Carolina, accidents in the road can be avoided with responsible driving and car ownership. However, for those who are wanted to have a legal settlement from the physical injuries they sustained from a recent car accident, they have a law firm that they can trust. Welcome to The Brown Firm, where you can avail the skills and expertise of our car accident lawyers to make sure that you will receive the justice that you seek.
The at-fault party cannot bring back the lost time due to the trouble or the life that was taken away. However, you can at least settle the dispute on a lawsuit to get some monetary compensation.
HOW MUCH SETTLEMENT CLAIM WILL YOU RECEIVE FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Every car accident lawsuit has a different settlement claim as each accident is different from each other. Most of the time, the amount of insurance coverage, the extent of injuries suffered by the victim, and the amount of damage to the vehicle and other properties determine the final settlement.
Once the total value of damages has been calculated, our Lobeco attorneys will draft a demand letter that provides an accurate, if not the exact amount of the payment that needs to be covered by the other party.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
Car accident compensations can vary in two types depending on the damages, whether specific or general. Your insurance company will first determine if the accident is your fault, and if it is, even a little, it is more likely that the insurance company will reduce any financial compensation.
You should talk to one of our Lobeco car accident lawyers to help you guide on what information you should tell insurance companies and what you should not say because insurance companies might use them against you.
- Specific damages refer to the particular amount of money that was lost due to the accident like medical treatments, earning capacity, wages, and property that has been lost because of the accident.
- General damages, on the other hand, refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain felt because of the injuries, emotional distress, inability to have children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
COMMON REASONS OF CAR ACCIDENTS
Car accidents in South Carolina are often caused by circumstances that involve negligence on the part of the driver. Here are some examples:
- Texting – Texting while driving is against the law. However, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle for some.
- Alcoholism – Alcohol has been the primary reason for car accidents. Consuming alcohol makes you have slower decision making and reactions — the only way of driving home safe after a party is refusing to drive drunk.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving tired can lead to misjudgment in traffic regulations and suddenly being asleep while driving. This can also feel irritated while driving tired.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the number of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions also hinder vision.
- Speeding – Most of the time, accidents caused by speeding happen because the driver is either running late of an appointment or trying to beat the traffic. Whatever the reason is, speeding should not be done.
CAN I STILL FILE A LAWSUIT EVEN IF I WAS THE PASSENGER?
Of course, it is your right to sue the party at-fault as long as you sustained damages directly from the car accident. You can still file for monetary compensation to cover your lost expenses. There are a few options that you can choose to recover the damage caused by an accident.
You can file a claim against the other driver's insurance companies depending on the amount of damage that the other party has done. If you are ever involved in an accident and get damaged, our Lobeco lawyers will do the same service we do if you are a driver.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
Yes, you can take photos after your car accident as it provides evidence that can be used when claiming your settlement. After a car accident, our attorneys and your insurance company will investigate the details of the accident and gather as much evidence as you can to get a higher chance of ending with a massive chunk of settlement cash.
You want to provide the best photos possible. In doing so, you would want to take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, the weather, and your injuries.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR LOBECO LAWYERS?
The Brown Firm works with our clients on a contingency fee model, which means that your lawyer will only get paid once the compensation has been settled. It means that your lawyer must do everything to get paid. Our lawyers will also get only a small percentage from your settlement.
Contact the best car accident lawyers in Lobeco, South Carolina today!
Experiencing an injury can be painful and traumatic. The best way to at least patch the scars caused by the incident is through having monetary compensation of what needs to be paid.
With over 30 years of experience, The Brown Firm will guarantee that you will get the settlement that you deserve. You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Book a free consultation now!