BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN LAUREL BAY, SOUTH CAROLINA
South Carolina was rated the third deadliest state in the past year in terms of car accidents. Such accidents in your car can damage your health, drain your pockets, and even force you to suffer if the injury is too serious. What's more crippling is the financial crisis that victims of car accidents will suffer long after the incident.
The one responsible for the automobile accident may not bear the lost time because of the problem or life that was taken away. And if you're looking for the best settlement lawyers for car accidents, you can get them from The Brown Firm in South Carolina.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Every automobile accident case has a separate claim for insurance, as each accident is different. That determines the final settlement is the amount of insurance coverage, the extent of the injuries to the victim, and the amount of damage to the car and other property.
Our lawyers at Laurel Bay must write a letter of claim specifying an approximate, if not the exact amount of the sum, that the other party will have to pay once the total value of the damages has been calculated.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
Specific and general damages are the two types of car accident compensation in terms of damages. If the accident is your fault, it will first be investigated by the insurance company, and if it is minor, there is a high chance that the insurance company will restrict the final payout.
You should contact one of our Laurel Bay car accident attorneys in these kinds of situations to help guide you on what facts you can reveal to insurance companies and what you should not tell them because these details can be used against you.
- Specific damages refer to the particular amount of money that was lost due to the accident like medical treatments, earning capacity, wages, and property that has been lost because of the accident.
- General damages, on the other hand, refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain felt because of the injuries, emotional distress, inability to have children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR LAUREL BAY LAWYERS?
The Brown Firm deals with our clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning that the lawyer will be paid only once the case has been settled. This means that your lawyer has to do all he can to get charged. Our attorneys will also earn only a small percentage of your settlement.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents are common and sometimes deadly in the state of South Carolina. Accidents can happen anytime and anywhere, and here are the usual reasons why accidents occur in the country.
- Texting – Texting while driving is against the law. However, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle for some.
- Alcohol – Alcohol has been the primary reason for car accidents. Consuming alcohol makes you have slower decision making and reactions — the only way of driving home safe after a party is refusing to drive drunk.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving tired can lead to misjudgment in traffic regulations and suddenly being asleep while driving. This can also feel irritated while driving tired.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the number of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions also hinder vision.
- Speeding – Most of the time, accidents caused by speeding happen because the driver is either running late of an appointment or trying to beat the traffic. Whatever the reason is, speeding should not be done.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
Sure, even if you're not the driver of the vehicle, you can still apply for monetary compensation to cover the costs that you incurred. There are a few choices to get the damage caused by an accident back from.
You must file a claim against the other driver's insurance company, depending on the amount of damage that the other party has done. If you ever get involved in an accident and get hurt, our Laurel Bay attorneys will be doing the same service we'd do if you're a driver.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
You will certainly take photos after the car accident as it provides evidence that can be used to justify the claim. After a car accident, our attorneys and your insurance company will investigate the details of the accident and gather as much evidence as you can to get a higher chance of ending with a massive chunk of settlement cash.
You want to provide the best photos possible. In doing so, you would want to take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, the weather, and your injuries.
Contact the best car accident lawyers in Laurel Bay, South Carolina today!
Experiencing an injury can be difficult and disturbing. The best way to at least patch the scars caused by the incident is through having monetary compensation of what needs to be paid.
With over 30 years of experience, The Brown Firm will guarantee that you will get the settlement that you deserve. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Book a free consultation now!