BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN EDISTO BEACH, SOUTH CAROLINA
South Carolina was named the third deadliest state last year in terms of car accidents. These car accidents can harm your way of living, make your pockets empty, and can even cost you your life if the injury is too severe. What's more devastating is the financial crisis that car accident victims can suffer long after the incident has taken place.
The one responsible for the car accident cannot bring the lost time due to the problem or the life that was taken away. However, you can settle the dispute on a lawsuit to get some monetary compensation. If you're looking for the best car accident lawyers for settlement, you can get them at The Brown Firm in South Carolina.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Every car accident lawsuit has a different settlement claim as each accident is different from each other. What determines the final settlement is the amount of insurance coverage, the extent of injuries suffered by the victim, and the amount of damage to the vehicle and other properties.
Our Edisto Beach attorneys will write a demand letter that provides an accurate if not the exact amount of the payment that needs to be covered by the other party once the total value of damages has been calculated.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
Specific and general damages are the two types of car accident compensation in terms of damages. Your insurance company will first review if the accident is your fault, and if it is, even minor, there are high chances that the insurance company will reduce any final compensation.
In these kinds of situations, you should speak to one of our Edisto Beach car accident lawyers to help you guide on what information you should disclose to insurance companies and what you should not tell them because these things can be used against you.
- Specific damages refer to the particular amount of money that was lost due to the accident like medical treatments, earning capacity, wages, and property that has been lost because of the accident.
- General damages, on the other hand, refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain felt because of the injuries, emotional distress, inability to have children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR EDISTO BEACH LAWYERS?
The Brown Firm works with our clients on a contingency fee model, which means that your lawyer will only get paid once the compensation has been settled. It means that your lawyer must do everything to get paid. Our lawyers will also get only a small percentage from your settlement.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents are common and sometimes deadly in the state of South Carolina. Accidents can happen anytime and anywhere, and here are the usual reasons why accidents occur in the country.
- Texting – Texting while driving is against the law. However, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle for some.
- Alcohol – Alcohol has been the primary reason for car accidents. Consuming alcohol makes you have slower decision making and reactions — the only way of driving home safe after a party is refusing to drive drunk.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving tired can lead to misjudgment in traffic regulations and suddenly being asleep while driving. This can also feel irritated while driving tired.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the number of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions also hinder vision.
- Speeding – Most of the time, accidents caused by speeding happen because the driver is either running late of an appointment or trying to beat the traffic. Whatever the reason is, speeding should not be done.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
Yes, even if you are not the driver of the vehicle, you can still file for monetary compensation to cover your lost expenses. There are a few choices that you can select from to recover the damage caused by an accident.
You can file a claim against the other driver's insurance companies depending on the amount of damage that the other party has done. If you are ever involved in an accident and get damaged, our Edisto Beach lawyers will do the same service we do if you are a driver.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
Yes, you can take photos after your car accident as it provides evidence that can be used when claiming your settlement. After a car accident, our attorneys and your insurance company will investigate the details of the accident and gather as much evidence as you can to get a higher chance of ending with a massive chunk of settlement cash.
You want to provide the best photos possible. In doing so, you would want to take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, the weather, and your injuries.
Contact the best car accident lawyers in Edisto Beach, South Carolina today!
Experiencing an injury can be painful and traumatic. The best way to at least patch the scars caused by the incident is through having monetary compensation of what needs to be paid.
With over 30 years of experience, The Brown Firm will guarantee that you will get the settlement that you deserve. You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Book a free consultation now!