BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN DATAW ISLAND, SOUTH CAROLINA
In terms of car accidents, South Carolina had been ranked the third deadliest state in the past year. Such car accidents can damage your health, drain your bags, and even force you to suffer if the injury is too severe. More crippling is the financial crisis that will be suffered long after the incident by the victims of car accidents.
The one responsible for the car accident may not bear the time lost due to the problem or life that has been destroyed. And if you're looking for the best settlement lawyers for car accidents, you can get them from The Brown Firm in South Carolina.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Each accident involving an automobile has a separate insurance claim, as each accident is different. That determines the final settlement is the amount of the insurance coverage, the extent of the victim's injuries and the amount of car and other property damage.
Our Dataw Island lawyers must write a claim letter indicating an approximate if not the exact amount of the amount that the other party will have to pay once the total value of the damage has been calculated.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
The two forms of insurance for car accidents are limited and general claims in terms of costs. If the incident is your responsibility, the insurance company will first investigate it and there is a high likelihood that the insurance company will limit the final payment if it is very low.
You should contact one of our Dataw Island car accident attorneys in these kinds of situations to help guide you on what facts you can reveal to insurance companies and what you should not tell them because these details can be used against you.
- Specific damages refer to the particular amount of money that was lost due to the accident like medical treatments, earning capacity, wages, and property that has been lost because of the accident.
- General damages, on the other hand, refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain felt because of the injuries, emotional distress, inability to have children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR DATAW ISLAND LAWYERS?
Brown Firm manages our cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning the lawyer will only be charged once the case has been settled. Which means the lawyer has to do everything in his power to get convicted. Only our attorneys will gain just a small percentage of your settlement.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents are common and sometimes deadly in the state of South Carolina. Accidents can happen anytime and anywhere, and here are the usual reasons why accidents occur in the country.
- Texting – Texting while driving is against the law. However, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle for some.
- Alcohol – Alcohol has been the primary reason for car accidents. Consuming alcohol makes you have slower decision making and reactions — the only way of driving home safe after a party is refusing to drive drunk.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving tired can lead to misjudgment in traffic regulations and suddenly being asleep while driving. This can also feel irritated while driving tired.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the number of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions also hinder vision.
- Speeding – Most of the time, accidents caused by speeding happen because the driver is either running late of an appointment or trying to beat the traffic. Whatever the reason is, speeding should not be done.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
Sure, even if you are not the vehicle's driver, you can still claim monetary compensation to cover the costs you incurred. There are a few choices from which to get back the damage from an accident.
You can file a claim against the other driver’s insurance companies depending on the amount of damage that the other party has done. If you are ever involved in an accident and get damaged, our Dataw Island lawyers will do the same service we do if you are a driver.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
You will certainly take photos after the car accident as it provides evidence that can be used to justify the claim. After a car accident, our attorneys and your insurance company will investigate the details of the accident and gather as much evidence as you can to get a higher chance of ending with a massive chunk of settlement cash.
You want to provide the best photos possible. In doing so, you would want to take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, the weather, and your injuries.
Contact the best car accident lawyers in Dataw Island, South Carolina today!
Experiencing an injury can be difficult and disturbing. The best way to at least patch the scars caused by the incident is through having monetary compensation of what needs to be paid.
With over 30 years of experience, The Brown Firm will guarantee that you will get the settlement that you deserve. Book a free consultation now!