BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN BURTON, SOUTH CAROLINA
In terms of car accidents, South Carolina ranks third as the deadliest state. Car accidents can jeopardize the way of living, drain the pockets, and in worse cases, it can cause death brought by severe injury. Not to mention, there's a financial burden that victims can shoulder for a long time, which is more devastating.
Unfortunately, the responsible party for the accident can't bring the lost time or even the life that was taken away. Nonetheless, settling the dispute on a lawsuit will give you monetary compensation. If you are someone who seeks a car accident lawyer for settlement, The Brown Firm can provide you the best ones in South Carolina.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Accidents differ from each other; hence, every car accident lawsuit has a different settlement claim. In most cases, the amount of insurance coverage, the extent of injuries suffered by the victim, and the amount of damage to the vehicle and other properties determine the final settlement.
After calculating the total value of the damages, our attorney from Burton will draft a demand letter that provides the accurate – if not the exact – the amount of payment that the other party must cover.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
There are two types of car accident compensation in terms of damages, specific and general damages. Your insurance company will first determine if the accident is your fault, and if it is, even a little, it is more likely that the insurance company will reduce any financial compensation.
You should talk to one of our Burton car accident lawyers to help you guide on what information you should tell insurance companies and what you should not say because insurance companies might use them against you.
Specific damages refer to the particular amount of money that was lost due to the accident like medical treatments, earning capacity, wages, and property that has been lost because of the accident.
General damages, on the other hand, refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain felt because of the injuries, emotional distress, inability to have children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR BURTON LAWYERS?
In working with clients, The Brown Firm applies a contingency fee model – the lawyer will get paid once the compensation is settled. Therefore, the lawyer must do everything to settle the payment. Plus, our lawyers only get a small percentage from the settlement.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents are prevalent and sometimes fatal in the state of South Carolina. Accidents can happen anytime, and here are the most common reasons why accidents occur in the country.
- Texting – Texting while driving is against the law. However, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle for some.
- Alcohol – Alcohol has been the primary reason for car accidents. Consuming alcohol makes you have slower decision making and reactions — the only way of driving home safe after a party is refusing to drive drunk.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving tired can lead to misjudgment in traffic regulations and suddenly being asleep while driving; it can also feel irritated while driving tired.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the number of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions also hinder vision.
- Speeding – Most of the time, accidents caused by speeding happen because the driver is either running late of an appointment or trying to beat the traffic. Whatever the reason is, speeding should not be done.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
Yes – the passenger can still file a monetary compensation to cover lost expenses. Furthermore, you can choose options to recover the damage caused by the car accident.
You can file a claim against the other driver's insurance companies; however, it will depend on the amount of damage the other party has caused. If you suffered from injuries brought the car accident, our lawyers in Burton will do the same service if you are a passenger.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
Yes – the photos will serve as evidence in claiming the settlement. After a car accident, the lawyers and insurance company will investigate the details of the accident. The more evidence is gathered, the chance is higher in ending with a massive chunk of settlement cash.
Also, provide the best photos available. In doing so, take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, the weather, and injuries.
Contact the Best Car Accident Lawyers in Burton, South Carolina Today!
Containing injuries from a car accident is not painful but traumatic. The best way to at least patch the scars caused by the incident is through having monetary compensation of what needs to be paid.
With over 30 years of experience, The Brown Firm will guarantee that you will get the settlement that you deserve. You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Book a free consultation now!