Car accidents can be a severe incident that can jeopardize your way of living, particularly if they result in serious physical injuries that can result in death or incapacitate you to perform work or even your day-to-day activities.
Aside from debilitating injuries that incapacitates you to work, you end up with a severe financial difficulty that can burden you long after your accident has taken place. The other party that primarily caused your accident and the subsequent results cannot bring back the lost time, opportunities, and the life that was taken away from you.
You can, however, make a claim and file for a lawsuit, eventually settling for some monetary compensation that you rightfully deserve. To help you with this cause, you need to get the assistance of the best car accident lawyers in Brighton, South Carolina, from The Brown Firm.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT SETTLEMENT?
Every car accident has different situations and circumstances. Likewise, the size of the monetary claims and settlement that each victim can get will depend on these circumstances.
Monetary compensation required in the final settlement can depend on various factors which include but are not limited to:
- Amount of Insurance Coverage
- Extent of Injuries Suffered by the Victim
- Amount of Damage to the Vehicle and Other Properties
- Other factors that can be taken into consideration
Our Brighton car accident attorneys will use the factors and other information as a basis for computing the total value of damages incurred. Once the exact amount is determined, your car accident lawyer can now formulate a proper demand letter that reflects the accurate monetary compensation that needs to be covered by the other party.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
When you get yourself involved in a car accident, you can get some form of compensation from your insurance company, depending on the type of damages that you incurred. These types of damages include:
- Specific Damages – refer to the particular amount of money that was lost due to the accident. This includes medical treatments, earning capacity, lost wages, and lost or damaged properties.
- General Damages – Refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, debilitating condition that prevents you from having children, loss of an extremity, and loss of consortium.
The first step that your insurance company will perform is to determine if you are at fault or it is solely due to another party. Their assessment will determine your involvement that can determine the amount of financial compensation that you are entitled to receive.
You can coordinate with our car accident lawyers from The Brown Firm branch in Brighton, South Carolina, so they can give proper legal advice and guidance on the type and nature of the information that you should tell – and not tell – your insurance companies.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR BRIGHTON LAWYERS?
Our car accident lawyers at The Brown Firm are dedicated to working with our clients to help them get the exact monetary compensation that they need. Our lawyers work through a contingency fee model, which means that your lawyer will only get paid once the compensation has been settled.
What this means is that our lawyers get paid when you get paid. Our lawyers will get only a small percentage from your settlement, so expect them to do everything according to their skills, knowledge, and expertise to get you the proper compensation you deserve.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents can happen anytime, and some states like South Carolina have a higher prevalence of serious incidence, some of which have proven fatal. Such accidents can result from a wide variety of causes. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Texting – Many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road, even if it is against the law and is one of the primary causes of car accidents. These people risk violation or even the risk of accidents because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle.
- Alcohol – One of the most primary reasons for car accidents is driving under the influence. Elevated amounts of alcohol can slow your reaction time and slows down your decision-making capacities. The best way to avoid accidents and arrive home safe from a party is to avoid driving drunk.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving while tired slows down your reaction speed and clouds your judgment, similar to getting drunk. Worst, you can doze off or fall asleep while on the wheel – a few seconds can prove fatal.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the number of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions can also hinder vision.
- Speeding – People who are running late for an appointment or trying to beat traffic would result in speed, putting themselves at a higher risk of getting involved in a car accident. Overspeeding is a reckless move that puts you and others at risk and should not be done.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
In some cases, passengers involved in a car accident can also get seriously injured. They will suffer the same disadvantages on top of their physical injuries. But even if they are not the driver of the vehicle, you can still file for monetary compensation to cover your losses.
There may be a few options available for passengers involved in a car accident. Still, you can file a claim against the other driver’s insurance companies depending on the amount of damage that the other party has done.
If you are ever involved in an accident as a passenger and get serious physical injuries or damages, our Brighton lawyers will provide the same level of services that we accord to drivers.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
Yes, it is highly advisable to take photos after getting involved in a car accident, and it would be wise to take the best pictures you can. These photos can be used as proper evidence that you can use when claiming your settlement. It would be advisable to take photos of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding areas, the weather, and your injuries.
After a car accident, it would be standard protocol for your insurance companies and our car accident lawyers to investigate the details of your accident and gather as much useful evidence as possible. By taking these photos, you can get a higher chance of receiving proper compensation and settlement cash.
Contact the Best Car Accident Lawyers in Brighton, South Carolina Today!
Getting involved in a car accident can be painful and traumatic, particularly if you incurred serious physical injuries that incapacitates you at one level or another. The best way to deal with the difficulties associated with such an accident is to get the proper and sufficient monetary compensation that you should rightfully receive.
If your car accident was with a semi-truck, talk to our Truck Accident Lawyer in Brighton, SC.
With over 30 years of experience, the best car accident lawyers from The Brown Firm have the skills, experience, and expertise that will guarantee you in getting the right settlement that you deserve. You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Book a free consultation now!