The state of South Carolina is not safe for drivers, according to a recent study that says the state is third in having deadly car crashes. Car accidents can cause death if the injury is too severe. Car accidents are not only life-threatening; they can also be a huge factor in losing your money.
Accidents can be the reason why your time and beloved people would not be back. You cannot bring time and deceased people back, but you can at least get a financial settlement to at least to have expenses covered. If you need a car accident lawyer for compensation, the best ones you can get in South Carolina are The Brown Firm.
If you were injured in an accident with a semi-truck, contact the best Truck Accident Attorneys in Bluffton, SC.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET FROM THE CAR ACCIDENT?
Every accident is different from each other, which means that every settlement claim has a different price. Most of the time, the amount of insurance coverage, the extent of injuries suffered by the victim, and the types of damages to the vehicle and other properties determine the final settlement.
Once the total value of damages has been calculated, our Bluffton attorneys will draft a demand letter that provides an accurate, if not the exact amount of the payment that needs to be covered by the other party.
Under South Carolina Code §15-1-300, anyone who is more than 50 percent at fault for an accident may not recover anything from the other driver. If an injured person is 50 percent at fault or less for the accident that caused their injuries, they could still recover from the other driver. Still, their damages would be reduced proportionately by the percentage of blame they are assigned.
Is it worth getting a lawyer for a minor car accident?
When injuries and damages are minor, individuals may avoid seeking a legal representative from an experienced Bluffton, South Carolina personal injury law firm.
Some believe there is no reason for hiring a wreck attorney, and others may not know they are entitled to a lawyer after accidents. However, it is important to contact a professional when any type of motor vehicle accident ensues to get proper legal representation.
LEARN THE TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENT COMPENSATION
There are two types of traffic crash compensation in terms of damages, specific and general. Your insurance company will first determine if the accident is your fault. If it is, even a little, it is more likely that the insurance company will reduce any financial recovery.
You should talk to one of our Bluffton car accident lawyers to help guide you on what information you should tell insurance companies and what you should not say because insurance companies might use them against you.
- Specific damages refer to the amount of money lost due to the accident, like medical treatments, earning capacity, wages, and property lost because of the accident.
- On the other hand, general damages refer to more subjective terms like the physical pain felt because of the injuries, emotional distress, inability to have children, loss of an extremity, loss of enjoyment, and loss of consortium.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU TO HIRE OUR BLUFFTON LAWYERS?
The Brown Firm works with our clients on a contingency fee model, which means that your lawyer will only get paid once the compensation has been settled. It means that your lawyer must do everything to get paid. Our lawyers will also get only a small percentage from your settlement.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON REASONS FOR CAR ACCIDENTS?
Car accidents are prevalent and sometimes fatal in the state of South Carolina. Accidents can happen anytime, and here are the most common reasons why accidents occur in the country.
- Texting – Texting while driving is against the law. However, many South Carolina residents still have the habit of sending text messages while on the road because pulling over and sending a text might be a hassle for some.
- Alcohol – Alcohol has been the primary reason for car accidents. Consuming alcohol makes you have slower decision-making and reactions the only way of driving home safe after a party is refusing to drive drunk.
- Fatigue – Driving tired at night can be dangerous. Driving drowsy can lead to misjudgment in traffic regulations and suddenly being asleep while driving. This can also feel irritated while driving tired.
- Weather – Weather conditions are also a significant factor in the number of car accidents. Rain, snow, and fog can make your car slip on the road, causing accidents. These weather conditions also hinder vision.
- Speeding – Most of the time, accidents caused by speeding happen because the driver is either running late for an appointment or trying to beat the traffic. Whatever the reason is, speeding should not be done.
CAN I STILL SUE IF I WAS ONLY A PASSENGER AND NOT A DRIVER?
Yes, even if you are not the driver of the vehicle, you can still file for monetary compensation to cover your lost expenses. There are a few options that you can choose to recover the damage caused by accident.
You can file a claim against the other driver's insurance companies depending on the amount of damage that the other party has done. If you are ever involved in an accident and get damaged, our Bluffton lawyers will do the same service we do if you are a driver.
SHOULD I TAKE PHOTOS FOR MY CASE?
Yes, you can take photos after your car accident as it provides evidence that can be used when claiming your settlement. After a car accident, our attorneys will investigate the details of the accident and gather as much evidence as you can to get a higher chance of ending with a massive chunk of settlement cash.
You want to provide the best photos possible. In doing so, you would want to take pictures of the vehicles, the scene of the accident, the surrounding area, the weather, and your injuries.
Contact the Best Injury Lawyers in Bluffton, South Carolina today!
Experiencing an injury can be painful and traumatic. The best way to patch the scars caused by the incident is by having monetary compensation for what needs to be paid.
With over 30 years of expertise, The Brown Firm will guarantee that you will get the settlement that you deserve. You can call us at (843) 919-7888 or fill out our online contact form to book a free consultation with an experienced attorney now!