HIRING THE RIGHT LAWYER FOR YOUR AUTO ACCIDENT IN ATLANTA
If you searched for an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer, you have come to the right place.
The Brown Firm specializes in helping victims of Auto Accident Injuries. In most instances, serious Car Accident Injuries are caused because of negligent driving and distracted driving.
Whether someone was sending a text message, talking and not paying attention to their surroundings or a driver who is extremely tired, distracted driving is dangerous and one of the main reasons for Auto Accidents.
By allowing our PI Attorneys take a closer look at your case with a Free Car Accident Injury Consultation, you can have the assurance of knowing your case, how it will be handled and the expected financial compensation you could be entitled to.
Also, our experienced Atlanta trial attorney's can negotiate with your insurance provider or take your case to court if necessary; this strategy will take the burden of proof off of your shoulders and give you peace of mind that your case is being handled properly.
CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY FEES AND COSTS
You may be asking how much does it cost for a car accident attorney in Atlanta?
Costs associated with many car wreck attorneys can be extreme, and clients may be required to pay upfront fees before any work is even completed.
This can create increased financial stress to an already overwhelming situation.
At The Brown Firm, we do not require any payment from you unless we obtain just compensation during the settlement process.
There is no case too complicated or too insignificant for our legal team to look at. In the event that we are unable to get the results you wanted, you do not have to worry about paying extensive fees.
8 STEPS TO TAKE AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT
After being involved in an auto accident, your first priority should be to ensure everyone around you is safe.
Take the following eight steps in as calm of a manner as possible:
- Pull over to a safe area and call 911 immediately. Even if your injuries appear to be minor, you will still need to contact the local police department and file a report.
- Get medical attention right away. Even if you feel you are not injured, it is critically important to get checked out by emergency personnel at the scene if the situation dictates or at the very least, by contacting a doctor skilled in the treatment of automotive injuries. If you do end up discovering an injury later, delaying treatment may reduce your opportunity to receive damages.
- Obtain the other driver's contact information. Never allow the other driver to leave the scene of the crash without giving you their contact information. However, do not mention blame at all to the other driver or talk about fault whatsoever. Anything you say now can be used against you later.
- Obtain a Detailed Police Report. A thorough police report can dramatically increase the veracity of your claim. Police reports are very persuasive in personal injury claims. The officer’s advanced training allows for him or her to reliably evaluate the accident scene and its causes, and determine fault. Pro Tip: Both drivers should get the service number of the police report from the investigating officer. You’ll be able to your that service number when requesting a copy of the final police accident report.
- Gather your own evidence. In addition to any evidence the police gathers, do yourself a favor by capturing a few pictures on your smartphone of the accident scene which can build the credibility of your case, take photos of your vehicle, the other driver’s vehicle, and of any distinguishing features about the surrounding area.
- Talk to Potential Witnesses at the Scene of the Accident. If any witnesses are at the scene, it’s wise to speak with them if you’re able to do so. Ask them what they saw and if they’d be willing to give their account of what happened later if needed. Don't forget to ask them for their contact information. Having as many witnesses as possible to verify your side of the story can build your case against the at-fault party.
- Call your insurance company. Give a call to your insurance company letting them know that the accident occurred and where it occurred. Be aware. They may try to pressure you into a settlement at this time. Let them know that the car wreck is still under investigation.
- Schedule a Free Consultation with an Atlanta car accident attorney. This is the right time to speak with a skilled personal injury attorney regarding your legal options if you feel that the accident was caused by the other driver. Even if the accident was partially your fault, you might still be eligible to file a claim for compensation. You will never know unless you contact a lawyer.
WHEN SHOULD I HIRE A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
Once you have obtained necessary medical care for your Auto Accident Injuries, get a free consultation with our Attorneys at our Atlanta office.
If negligence was a factor in your accident, our attorneys could help prove the other party is responsible, and aid in getting full compensation for you.
With more than 30 years’ of combined experience treating auto and truck accident injuries in Atlanta, Harry Brown Jr. DC, JD uses his legal knowledge, along with his understanding of pain and suffering, to make sure you get the care and compensation you deserve.
If you were specifically injured in a commercial truck accident, you can call us to speak with our Atlanta Truck Accident Lawyers now.
DAMAGES YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO FOR CAR ACCIDENT CASES IN ATLANTA
A car accident settlement or award may not be able to erase your physical/emotional damages, but it can go a long way toward securing your financial well being.
The tort law system in the State of Georgia allows auto accident victims to recover a number of damages
These are classified into two distinct categories: special and general.
Special damages are financial damages, or those the defendant caused.
Types of Special Damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses. The costs of ambulance transportation, hospital stays, diagnostic testing, x-rays, medications, treatments, surgeries, and therapies relating to the accident. Also, if you require lifelong medical care, such as a live-in nurse, courts will award an amount to cover these drastic costs over the course of the victim's life.
- Lost wages from missed time at your place of work. If you had to miss work because of your injuries, like in the case of a traumatic brain injury or severe spinal trauma, the courts might compensate you for this lost income. This includes compensation for raises or promotions you likely would have received were it not for your injuries.
- Property damages. Financial damages may also include losses to your property, such as your vehicle, home, or possessions. The courts will order an amount to repair or replace your damaged items, according to price estimates and quotes from experts.
You may be asking, what about more general types of damages?
General damages cover losses that are intangible.
You will not need proof of a specific amount of harm to receive these damages.
Instead, you will need to prove mental and emotional damages through expert medical documentation and testimony from expert witnesses.
A list of General damages may include:
- Ongoing Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Emotional suffering or distress
- PTSD for the accident
- Loss of consortium
- Lost quality of life
- Diminished capacity to earn a wage
Georgia currently has no cap on the amount of general or special damages auto accident victims may receive.
How Does The Court Determine General Damages?
The court will take the number of special damages a person suffered in a car crash and multiply it by a number it believes quantifies the amount of suffering you the victim has gone through to come up with the amount for general damages.
For a more accurate representation of what damages you may be eligible to recover after a car accident in Atlanta, call our attorneys for a free consultation.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO SETTLE MY CAR ACCIDENT CASE?
Need to know how long your Atlanta auto accident case will take to settle?
Please understand that every case is different, but as a rule of thumb, most insurance companies will typically make a low-ball offer within a short amount of time after the auto accident, and it is up to you if you want to take the amount offered so you can settle quickly.
If you have more questions about dealing with insurance companies or auto accidents, in general, please click this link.
If that is the case, you can have a settlement in a matter of weeks.
However, many clients do not want to take the first settlement offered because they realize they can get more if a qualified lawyer can present their case more effectively.
Let Our Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers Help You With Your Case
Auto Accidents can be a life-changing experience, and it is not easy to get the compensation you deserve without an experienced legal team to back you up.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from a negligent driver, click on the link below for a Free Consultation with one of our expert Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers.