What If I Was Injured At Work in Georgia?
When To Hire An Experienced Workers Compensation Attorney
Work Injuries in Georgia may range from anything minor to a life changing injury. In either case, as an Injured Worker you face a very complex legal process. The insurance companies may deny your claims, offer a low settlement, or delayed payments. If you have been Injured at Work there is a deadline to file your Worker’s Compensation Claim and even then your claim may still be denied.
I met with Harry Brown personally and he sat with me for 20 minutes at our initial consultation to explain everything. He even called after my surgery to see how I was doing. I met with him several more times after that and was kept informed about my case throughout. I highly recommend Harry Brown as an attorney.
How Can My Claim Be Denied?
There are many reasons why your Workers Compensation claim may be denied. Many insurance companies deny legitimate claims which forces the injured employee to take legal action by hiring an attorney to enforce their rights. Here are some reasons your claim may be denied:
- You failed to report your injury immediately
- There were no witnesses to your work accident
- You filed a claim after you were laid off or fired
- Your initial medical records indicate the presence of illegal drugs in your system
- There is a discrepancy between the accident report and your medical records
- Your employers may also deny your claim or cover up your injury because they do not want their premiums to rise due to your Workers Compensation claim.
- Insurance companies may be reluctant to offer the employee the benefits that they deserve because they are wary of Workers Compensation fraud. This usually occurs when the employee makes an exaggerated or fake claim in order to receive a large payout.
- Insurance companies may also deny a claim because it is not in their financial interest.
If you have suffered a Work Injury you should:
- Notify your employer immediately.
- Give a written description of your accident
- Get medical attention
- Obtain all your medical records associated with the accident
- Contact The Brown Firm
The Brown Firm has a team of experienced Georgia Attorneys that can help ensure your legitimate Workers Compensation claim does not get denied by the insurance companies.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Our Recent Personal Injury Articles
Jaclyn faced injuries, bills, and more after being hurt in an accident her driver caused. Learn how our persistence helped her win the money she deserved.
While most of a personal injury settlement is tax free, you may owe taxes on certain types of damages or interest. Learn more in this article.
The size of a herniated disc settlement can vary significantly based on several factors. Read to learn more about how damages are calculated.
Our car accident law firm discusses the best way to handle a car accident on private property in Georgia or South Carolina. For legal help call The Brown Firm.
Learn about special damages, punitive damages, and other money you can win in a personal injury trial—and how an attorney can help.
In the article inside, we will explain how to determine your slip and fall case's value.If you were recently injured from a fall due to hazardous conditions on someone else's...
In the article below, we will go over some of the truck accident questions our Truck Accident Lawyers are asked most often. Call for a free consultation. If you've recently...
In the article inside, we will examine what constitutes nursing home neglect and what can be done about it. Failure to meet the needs of a nursing home resident is...
Learn what personal injury is, if you might have a personal injury case, and how to get the compensation you deserve with the help of an experienced attorney.
Inside we will dive deeper into car accident claims for children and some key differences between a personal injury claim for an adult and a child.
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild. We serve all of Georgia and South Carolina from four conveniently located offices in Savannah, Atlanta, Athens, and Okatie.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (912) 324-2498 or completing our simple online form.