What If I Was Injured At Work in Georgia?
When To Hire An Experienced Workers Compensation Attorney
Work Injuries in Georgia may range from anything minor to a life changing injury. In either case, as an Injured Worker you face a very complex legal process. The insurance companies may deny your claims, offer a low settlement, or delayed payments. If you have been Injured at Work there is a deadline to file your Worker’s Compensation Claim and even then your claim may still be denied.
I met with Harry Brown personally and he sat with me for 20 minutes at our initial consultation to explain everything. He even called after my surgery to see how I was doing. I met with him several more times after that and was kept informed about my case throughout. I highly recommend Harry Brown as an attorney.
How Can My Claim Be Denied?
There are many reasons why your Workers Compensation claim may be denied. Many insurance companies deny legitimate claims which forces the injured employee to take legal action by hiring an attorney to enforce their rights. Here are some reasons your claim may be denied:
- You failed to report your injury immediately
- There were no witnesses to your work accident
- You filed a claim after you were laid off or fired
- Your initial medical records indicate the presence of illegal drugs in your system
- There is a discrepancy between the accident report and your medical records
- Your employers may also deny your claim or cover up your injury because they do not want their premiums to rise due to your Workers Compensation claim.
- Insurance companies may be reluctant to offer the employee the benefits that they deserve because they are wary of Workers Compensation fraud. This usually occurs when the employee makes an exaggerated or fake claim in order to receive a large payout.
- Insurance companies may also deny a claim because it is not in their financial interest.
If you have suffered a Work Injury you should:
- Notify your employer immediately.
- Give a written description of your accident
- Get medical attention
- Obtain all your medical records associated with the accident
- Contact The Brown Firm
The Brown Firm has a team of experienced Georgia Attorneys that can help ensure your legitimate Workers Compensation claim does not get denied by the insurance companies.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Our Recent Personal Injury Articles
Marietta, GA – Driver Gets in Two Car Accidents in Less Than an Hour
According to police, a Marietta driver was given two tickets for two different accidents within less than 40 minutes of each other.
Atlanta, GA – 1-Year-Old Run Over and Killed In Driveway of Family Home
A 1-year-old was accidentally run over and killed in the driveway of an Atlanta-area home, Georgia authorities say.
Lake City, GA – Woman Killed by Forklift
A woman is dead after what appears to be a freak accident at a business that stores vehicles that have been involved in crashes.
Paulding County, GA – APD Lieutenant Crashes SUV
A lieutenant with the Atlanta Police Department was arrested over the weekend for driving under the influence after a single-vehicle crash.
Atlanta, GA – Driver Dies After Car Hits Highway Bridge Wall And Falls Onto Oncoming Traffic
A driver struck a wall on Buford Highway, rolled over and fell onto oncoming traffic below where they were killed.
Cowetta County, GA – Tow Truck Driver Killed in Multiple Vehilce Accident
Authorities say a tow truck driver lost his life on the job on the northbound side of Interstate 85 at mile marker 40.
Gainesville, GA – Driver Reaches for Dropped Cigarette, Hits Guardrail and Overturns Truck
A truck driver dropped his cigarette, hit a guardrail and overturned his tractor trailer on Tuesday, March 14.
DeKalb County, GA – Three Killed, Two Injured in Fiery Collision
Three people are dead and two others injured after a fiery crash shut down all lanes at the intersection of Wesley Chapel Road.
Stone Mountain, GA – One Person Dead after Two-Car Crash
One person is dead after being involved in a two-vehicle accident that occurred on Tuesday night in Stone Mountain, Georgia.
Macon, GA – Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash on Mercer University Drive
A man died in a motorcycle crash Monday morning when he collided with a car on Mercer University Drive in Macon, Georgia.
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (800) 529-1441 or completing our simple online form.