What If I Was Injured At Work in Georgia?
When To Hire An Experienced Workers Compensation Attorney
Work Injuries in Georgia may range from anything minor to a life changing injury. In either case, as an Injured Worker you face a very complex legal process. The insurance companies may deny your claims, offer a low settlement, or delayed payments. If you have been Injured at Work there is a deadline to file your Worker’s Compensation Claim and even then your claim may still be denied.
I met with Harry Brown personally and he sat with me for 20 minutes at our initial consultation to explain everything. He even called after my surgery to see how I was doing. I met with him several more times after that and was kept informed about my case throughout. I highly recommend Harry Brown as an attorney.
How Can My Claim Be Denied?
There are many reasons why your Workers Compensation claim may be denied. Many insurance companies deny legitimate claims which forces the injured employee to take legal action by hiring an attorney to enforce their rights. Here are some reasons your claim may be denied:
- You failed to report your injury immediately
- There were no witnesses to your work accident
- You filed a claim after you were laid off or fired
- Your initial medical records indicate the presence of illegal drugs in your system
- There is a discrepancy between the accident report and your medical records
- Your employers may also deny your claim or cover up your injury because they do not want their premiums to rise due to your Workers Compensation claim.
- Insurance companies may be reluctant to offer the employee the benefits that they deserve because they are wary of Workers Compensation fraud. This usually occurs when the employee makes an exaggerated or fake claim in order to receive a large payout.
- Insurance companies may also deny a claim because it is not in their financial interest.
If you have suffered a Work Injury you should:
- Notify your employer immediately.
- Give a written description of your accident
- Get medical attention
- Obtain all your medical records associated with the accident
- Contact The Brown Firm
The Brown Firm has a team of experienced Georgia Attorneys that can help ensure your legitimate Workers Compensation claim does not get denied by the insurance companies.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Our Recent Personal Injury Articles
If you were injured in an accident in Georgia or South Carolina that wasn't your fault, learn tips for choosing a quality personal injury attorney.
George was seriously injured when a reckless, intoxicated driver rear-ended him. Find out how The Brown Firm helped him get the compensation he deserved.
LT was rear-ended by a commercial vehicle weighing one ton more than her car. Learn how The Brown Firm secured fair compensation after an insulting offer.
Motorcycle accidents are often more complicated than you might expect. Find out how a lawyer can help you pursue fair compensation.
Medical malpractice cases can be complicated, including the deadline of the statute of limitations. Learn the complexities and how an attorney can help.
Were you injured in a car accident as a passenger? You are likely entitled to compensation, but getting it may be complicated. Here’s what to do.
If you’re suffering from hip pain after a car accident, follow these steps to protect your long-term health and financial recovery you may be entitled to.
Survival actions tend to get confused with wrongful death claims. Learn how they’re different, which might be best for your family, and how a lawyer can help.
Injured in a car accident in Georgia or South Carolina that wasn’t your fault? Here’s how to prepare for your initial consultation with a car accident lawyer.
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (800) 529-1441 or completing our simple online form.