What If I Was Injured At Work in Georgia?
When To Hire An Experienced Workers Compensation Attorney
Work Injuries in Georgia may range from anything minor to a life changing injury. In either case, as an Injured Worker you face a very complex legal process. The insurance companies may deny your claims, offer a low settlement, or delayed payments. If you have been Injured at Work there is a deadline to file your Worker’s Compensation Claim and even then your claim may still be denied.
I met with Harry Brown personally and he sat with me for 20 minutes at our initial consultation to explain everything. He even called after my surgery to see how I was doing. I met with him several more times after that and was kept informed about my case throughout. I highly recommend Harry Brown as an attorney.
How Can My Claim Be Denied?
There are many reasons why your Workers Compensation claim may be denied. Many insurance companies deny legitimate claims which forces the injured employee to take legal action by hiring an attorney to enforce their rights. Here are some reasons your claim may be denied:
- You failed to report your injury immediately
- There were no witnesses to your work accident
- You filed a claim after you were laid off or fired
- Your initial medical records indicate the presence of illegal drugs in your system
- There is a discrepancy between the accident report and your medical records
- Your employers may also deny your claim or cover up your injury because they do not want their premiums to rise due to your Workers Compensation claim.
- Insurance companies may be reluctant to offer the employee the benefits that they deserve because they are wary of Workers Compensation fraud. This usually occurs when the employee makes an exaggerated or fake claim in order to receive a large payout.
- Insurance companies may also deny a claim because it is not in their financial interest.
If you have suffered a Work Injury you should:
- Notify your employer immediately.
- Give a written description of your accident
- Get medical attention
- Obtain all your medical records associated with the accident
- Contact The Brown Firm
The Brown Firm has a team of experienced Georgia Attorneys that can help ensure your legitimate Workers Compensation claim does not get denied by the insurance companies.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Our Recent Personal Injury Articles
Headaches after a car accident may deserve compensation but convincing the insurance companies is difficult. Here’s how to secure the money you deserve.
You’re eager to get your settlement money and move on with your life. However, a few things must happen before it’s in your hands. Learn how we can help.
Kelly had a broken bone, daily pain, and visible scaring because of an accident he didn’t cause. Learn how The Brown Firm helped him get the money he deserved.
Whiplash is common, but not usually very easy to prove. This article digs into what whiplash is, why it’s a challenge to prove, and how an attorney can help.
Employers offer workers’ compensation to pay for injuries and lost income after an employee’s car accident. But is that the only option workers have?
Neck and back injuries are common after a car accident, although some don’t show up right away. Learn how to seek compensation and how an attorney can help.
How do you prove who’s at fault when there are no witnesses to support your claim? Learn how fault works under the law and how an attorney can help.
Keely was rear-ended on the interstate, and then hit again by someone who was trying to help. Find out how The Brown Firm helped her get compensation.
Shirley was wrongfully faulted for an accident she didn’t cause, and other lawyers wouldn’t help. Learn how The Brown Firm dug deeper to turn her case around.
Injured people may be surprised when they’re followed by a private investigator, but it does happen. Learn how to protect your case, and how a lawyer can help.
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild. We serve all of Georgia and South Carolina from four conveniently located offices in Savannah, Atlanta, Athens, and Okatie.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (912) 324-2498 or completing our simple online form.