The Brown Firm Focuses on National Teen Driver Safety Week
Did you know that the leading cause of death for 14-18-year-olds in the U.S. is Motor Vehicle Accidents? This is why it is so crucial to speak with your teens and help them understand the importance of safe driving.
To combat this statistic, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) started National Teen Driver Safety Week. This year, the NHTSA will be heading up the “5 to Drive” campaign. It promotes parent- teen talks about driving and rule setting before teens drive on the open road.
I met with Harry Brown personally and he sat with me for 20 minutes at our initial consultation to explain everything. He even called after my surgery to see how I was doing. I met with him several more times after that and was kept informed about my case throughout. I highly recommend Harry Brown as an attorney.
HERE ARE SOME MOTIVATING STATISTICS ABOUT TEEN DRIVING FROM DOSOMETHING.ORG:
- 56% of teenagers rely on their parents to learn how to drive.
- Teen drivers with involved parents are twice as likely to wear seat belts.
- 1 in 5 of 16-year-old drivers has an accident within their first year of driving.
- Statistics show that 16 and 17-year-old driver death rates increase with each additional passenger.
Sadly, almost half of teen drivers involved in a car crash die. So what does that mean for parents?
“Parents could be doing more to help prevent their teens from coming to harm,” said Harry Brown, Managing Attorney at The Brown Firm. “Talking to your teens and educating them on safe driving both through word and example makes a big impact in their lives.”
WHAT CAN I DO AS A PARENT?
- “5 to Drive” campaign: The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA) has created a guide to help you discuss safety with your teen. Click here
- Parent-Teen Driving Agreement: Putting your plans and what your teen has learned into writing makes for an effective reminder. With this agreement, you and your teen can sign a contract to keep and post somewhere in your home. Click here to read more.
- UPS Road Code: This program was created by the partnership of the UPS Foundation and Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Teens learn about different safe driving principles each week and can practice what they’ve learned on simulators. For more information, visit www.bgca.org/roadcode.
Contact The Brown Firm Today for Assistance
If your teen was involved in a Car Accident, The Personal Injury Attorneys at The Brown Firm understand the importance your teen’s safety and of first-rate customer service, so you’ll work directly with a lawyer and team who will help you understand your legal options.
With three offices located in Georgia including Savannah, Atlanta, and Athens, rest assured that our Personal Injury Attorneys will go the distance to help you. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (888) 391-9112 or click the link below.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Our Recent Personal Injury Articles
Jaclyn faced injuries, bills, and more after being hurt in an accident her driver caused. Learn how our persistence helped her win the money she deserved.
While most of a personal injury settlement is tax free, you may owe taxes on certain types of damages or interest. Learn more in this article.
The size of a herniated disc settlement can vary significantly based on several factors. Read to learn more about how damages are calculated.
Our car accident law firm discusses the best way to handle a car accident on private property in Georgia or South Carolina. For legal help call The Brown Firm.
Learn about special damages, punitive damages, and other money you can win in a personal injury trial—and how an attorney can help.
In the article inside, we will explain how to determine your slip and fall case's value.If you were recently injured from a fall due to hazardous conditions on someone else's...
In the article below, we will go over some of the truck accident questions our Truck Accident Lawyers are asked most often. Call for a free consultation. If you've recently...
In the article inside, we will examine what constitutes nursing home neglect and what can be done about it. Failure to meet the needs of a nursing home resident is...
Learn what personal injury is, if you might have a personal injury case, and how to get the compensation you deserve with the help of an experienced attorney.
Inside we will dive deeper into car accident claims for children and some key differences between a personal injury claim for an adult and a child.
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild. We serve all of Georgia and South Carolina from four conveniently located offices in Savannah, Atlanta, Athens, and Okatie.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (912) 324-2498 or completing our simple online form.