Five Tips to Follow After a Slip and Fall Injury
Slip and Fall Accidents may be extremely expensive, especially if the fall was caused by another person or business. Your only option to obtain compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages pain and suffering may be to file a lawsuit.
Slip and Fall Accidents can happen anywhere and the majority of the time they occur due to the negligence of others. There is a level of safety that must be maintained by the owners of buildings, homes, parking lots and walkways. If you are injured in a Slip and Fall Accident, the negligent property owner may be held financially liable for your injury.
Here are a few important Tips to follow immediately after experiencing a Slip and Fall:
1. Get Medical Attention: It is important to see a medical professional as soon as the accident occurs. You will need proper documentation of your injuries and the accident if you choose to seek compensation for your injuries.
2. Take Photos: Take pictures of the exact location of the slip and fall immediately after the accident occurs. It is important to document anything that may have been a cause for your accident because conditions may change and you might need evidence in order to file a lawsuit.
3. Identify Witnesses: If anyone was a witness to your accident make sure to take down their name and phone number. Having a witness may be crucial to your claim if the landowner tries to dispute your slip and fall accident.
4. Follow Proper Procedure: If your Slip and Fall Accident happened in a store, apartment building, or business make sure you report it to a manager or landlord immediately. You should also ask to fill out an incident report and be sure to take a copy with you before leaving.
5. Call a Personal Injury Attorney Near You: Many Slip and Fall Accidents are difficult to prove, not only do you need documentation of your injuries you also need to be able to prove that the property owner was at fault. Having an experienced Personal Injury Attorney on your side can help you get the resources necessary to recover the money you deserve.
If you have been injured in a Slip and Fall Accident, contact Slip and Fall Lawyers in Georgia at The Brown Firm who can help you prove your case and obtain full compensation for you.
Want to learn more? Check out our post on Truck Accidents.