Georgia Personal Injury Attorney Explains What To Do After A Slip and Fall Injury
Five STEPS to Follow After a Slip and Fall Injury
Slip and fall accidents may be costly, especially if another person or business caused the fall. Your only option to obtain compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering may be to file a lawsuit.
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, and most of the time, they occur due to another person’s negligence. There is a safety level that must be maintained by the owners of public buildings, homes, parking lots, and walkways. If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, the negligent property owner might be held financially liable for your injury.
I met with Harry Brown personally and he sat with me for 20 minutes at our initial consultation to explain everything. He even called after my surgery to see how I was doing. I met with him several more times after that and was kept informed about my case throughout. I highly recommend Harry Brown as an attorney.
Important Tips To Follow Immediately After Experiencing a Slip and Fall
1. Get Medical Attention: It is important to see a medical professional as soon as the accident occurs. You will need proper documentation of your injuries and the accident if you choose to seek compensation.
2. Take Photos: Take pictures of the exact location of the slip and fall immediately after the accident occurs. It is important to document anything that may have caused your accident. Conditions may change, and you might lose out on the evidence needed to file a lawsuit.
3. Identify Witnesses: If anyone witnessed your accident, make sure to take down their name and phone number. Having a witness may be crucial to your claim if the landowner tries to dispute your slip and fall accident.
4. Follow Proper Procedure: If your slip and fall accident happened in a store, apartment building, or place of business, make sure to report it to a manager or landlord immediately. Ask the manager to fill out an incident report and take a copy with you before leaving.
5. Call a Personal Injury Attorney Near You: Many slip and fall accidents are difficult to prove. Not only do you need documentation of your injuries, but you also need to be able to prove that the property owner was at fault. Having an experienced personal injury attorney on your side can help you get the necessary resources to recover the money you deserve.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, contact the most qualified Slip and Fall Lawyers at The Brown Firm in Georgia and South Carolina. We can help prove your case and obtain full compensation for you.
Want to learn more? Check out our post on Truck Accidents.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Our Recent Personal Injury Articles
Jaclyn faced injuries, bills, and more after being hurt in an accident her driver caused. Learn how our persistence helped her win the money she deserved.
While most of a personal injury settlement is tax free, you may owe taxes on certain types of damages or interest. Learn more in this article.
The size of a herniated disc settlement can vary significantly based on several factors. Read to learn more about how damages are calculated.
Our car accident law firm discusses the best way to handle a car accident on private property in Georgia or South Carolina. For legal help call The Brown Firm.
Learn about special damages, punitive damages, and other money you can win in a personal injury trial—and how an attorney can help.
In the article inside, we will explain how to determine your slip and fall case's value.If you were recently injured from a fall due to hazardous conditions on someone else's...
In the article below, we will go over some of the truck accident questions our Truck Accident Lawyers are asked most often. Call for a free consultation. If you've recently...
In the article inside, we will examine what constitutes nursing home neglect and what can be done about it. Failure to meet the needs of a nursing home resident is...
Learn what personal injury is, if you might have a personal injury case, and how to get the compensation you deserve with the help of an experienced attorney.
Inside we will dive deeper into car accident claims for children and some key differences between a personal injury claim for an adult and a child.
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild. We serve all of Georgia and South Carolina from four conveniently located offices in Savannah, Atlanta, Athens, and Okatie.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (912) 324-2498 or completing our simple online form.