Deer Season Driving Tips
It’s officially deer season! From October to January, deer are in their breeding period, which means there will be more of them to look out for when driving. October to December is when nearly half of all accidents involving white-tail deer happen1. For this reason, it is important to be prepared in the case of a deer-related accident.
I met with Harry Brown personally and he sat with me for 20 minutes at our initial consultation to explain everything. He even called after my surgery to see how I was doing. I met with him several more times after that and was kept informed about my case throughout. I highly recommend Harry Brown as an attorney.
HOW DO I PREVENT A DEER-RELATED ACCIDENT?
If you are aware, alert and prepared, you have a better chance of avoiding greater damage when experiencing a deer encounter. Here are tips that can help you be better prepared:
- Play the “what if” game: As a driver, prepare yourself in the event a collision happens. “What if a deer crosses in front of my car?” “What will I do?”
- Be more alert during sunset and sunrise: Between 5:00 am and 8:00 am and 5:00 pm to midnight are when deer are most active. It is important to keep your headlights on and stay alert during these times.
- Wear your seatbelt: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, 60 percent of those involved in animal-related crashes died because they were not wearing seatbelts1.
- Look for more than one: Deer don’t usually travel alone, so make sure to scan for others that may be nearby.
- Know where they will be: Look for Deer Crossing Signs and be more alert on rural roads and in wooded areas. If you use your high beams, you will be able to better see approaching deer.
- Don’t approach the deer: If you happen to hit a deer or find one that is injured, don’t move towards it. A frightened deer may flail or injure you or itself further.
- Use your brakes: Slow down or stop, but don’t swerve into another lane. It is more dangerous to avoid the deer and hit another car.
Contact The Brown Firm Today for Assistance with Deer-related Accidents
We understand how frightening it can be to have a deer-related accident and we would like to help you navigate the post-accident process. The personal injury attorneys at The Brown Firm understand the importance of first-rate customer service, so you’ll work directly with a lawyer and team who will help you understand your legal options.
With three offices located in Georgia including Savannah, Atlanta and Athens, rest assured that our Car Accident Lawyers in Georgia will go the distance to help you. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (888) 391-9112 or click here to complete our contact form.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Our Recent Personal Injury Articles
If you were injured in an accident in Georgia or South Carolina that wasn't your fault, learn tips for choosing a quality personal injury attorney.
George was seriously injured when a reckless, intoxicated driver rear-ended him. Find out how The Brown Firm helped him get the compensation he deserved.
LT was rear-ended by a commercial vehicle weighing one ton more than her car. Learn how The Brown Firm secured fair compensation after an insulting offer.
Motorcycle accidents are often more complicated than you might expect. Find out how a lawyer can help you pursue fair compensation.
Medical malpractice cases can be complicated, including the deadline of the statute of limitations. Learn the complexities and how an attorney can help.
Were you injured in a car accident as a passenger? You are likely entitled to compensation, but getting it may be complicated. Here’s what to do.
If you’re suffering from hip pain after a car accident, follow these steps to protect your long-term health and financial recovery you may be entitled to.
Survival actions tend to get confused with wrongful death claims. Learn how they’re different, which might be best for your family, and how a lawyer can help.
Injured in a car accident in Georgia or South Carolina that wasn’t your fault? Here’s how to prepare for your initial consultation with a car accident lawyer.
Contact The Brown Firm
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (800) 529-1441 or completing our simple online form.