Common slip and fall accidents and injuries
Millions of people are victims of Slip and Fall Injuries in the United States each year. They are actually the leading cause of unintentional injuries causing many people, of all ages, to make emergency room visits.
There are many factors that play a part in Slip and Fall Injury Cases. Property owners may be held responsible when someone has slipped and fallen on a damp floor, defective stairs, or rocky patch or path. This makes Slip and fall cases a premises liability case and is based on the ideology of negligence:
- Whether or not the property owner acted carefully in preventing a slip and fall on their grounds.
- Whether the victim acted recklessly in not seeing or avoiding the thing they slipped on.
Personal Injury Attorneys understand the complex law behind these types of cases and can help you if you find yourself in this situation.
Table of Contents
- What are common causes of slip and fall accidents
- What Are The Most Common Types of Slip and Fall Accident Injuries?
- What Should You Do After A Slip and Fall?
- Contact The Brown Firm
In this article, we will discuss some common causes and injuries that result from a slip and fall as well as what to do if you are injured in a slip and fall.
What are Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
The most common cause of slip and fall injuries are due to wet and uneven walking surfaces. You can find this happening all over, in stores, nursing homes, parking lots, or other walking surfaces.
- Slippery, Icy, or Wet Surfaces
- Remember to prepare for dangerous weather conditions by shoveling and salting sidewalks, and placing non-slip mats inside entryways.
- Uneven Sidewalks or Pavement
- Poorly Lit Areas
- Blocked Aisles and Hallways
- Cluttered Surfaces
- Insufficient Work Place Training
- Dangerous jobs, like construction, often require extensive training, and without it, workers can be injured when they are walking on slick or extremely narrow services.
- Nursing Home Neglect
- The elderly often suffer slip and fall accidents when they are not properly assisted. They are more likely to suffer from a slip and fall because a person's center of balance begins to deteriorate with age.
Half of all Slip and Fall Cases are a direct result of hazardous surfaces. These types of conditions make something as simple as walking a dangerous task, and it is easy to see why so many Slip and Fall Accidents occur each year.
What Are The Most Common Types of Slip and Fall Accident Injuries?
Slip and Falls can cause many types of injuries. The most common are:
- Broken Bones
- Knee, Ankle, or Wrist Sprains and Fractures
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Hip Fractures
- Back Injuries
- Pulled Muscles
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries such as a concussion Slip and Fall Accidents are the greatest cause of head injuries. Hitting your head off of an object or the ground can result in a concussion, contusions, or even traumatic brain injury.
Hip fractures from slip and falls are common among the elderly. Bones begin to weaken with age and a hard enough fall can easily crack the hip bone. This type of injury can sometimes require surgery and/or a hip replacement, which can be fatal to an elderly person.
What Should You Do After A Slip and Fall?
- Report the accident- Report your accident to the property owner, or a manager immediately. Many establishments provide their paperwork after an accident occurs. It's okay to use the supplies they give you, just be sure to obtain a copy of the paperwork before you leave.
- Seek Medical Care- Even if you feel you haven't experienced significant injuries, please get proper medical care immediately following the accident. You will need accurate documentation of your medical treatment from your doctor if you wish to explore damages for your injuries.
- Take Pictures- It is essential to take photographs of the area surrounding the accident as well as the scene itself. Remember, conditions change quickly, so recording pictures as soon as possible is advised.
- Witness Information- If anyone witnessed the slip and fall accident, try to obtain their name, number, and address. This is a critical component of your case and can also contribute to your settlement amount.
- Hire Legal Help- Premise liability claims can be very complex, and navigating these complexities alone can risk the loss of your claim. Our experienced Slip and Fall Attorneys have the resources and necessary knowledge to help you gain a fair settlement.
Slip and Fall Cases vary in scenarios and injuries. No two cases are the same. If you are suffering from an injury, we are here to help you. Whether it caused back pain, broken bones, soft tissue injury, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, or any other type of injury we want to help you get the compensation you deserve!
Sadly, slip and fall cases are difficult to win in, and most unrepresented people will lose their case. Seeking legal help for a slip and fall accident injury will increase your chances of recovery compensation for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Related Blog: How to collect the biggest slip and fall settlement
Contact The Brown Firm
If you were hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident, due to the negligent actions of someone else, call today for a free consultation with The Brown Firm. We are the top slip and fall Law Firm in Georgia and South Carolina. We have the best slip and fall lawyers in Georgia and South Carolina can help you win your case and obtain the compensation you deserve!
Call today or click on the link below for a Free Consultation with one of our experienced attorneys at The Brown Firm!
Original Article Here