Most Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Millions of people are victims of Slip and Fall Injuries in the United States each year. They are actually the leading cause of unintentional injuries!
What Causes These Accidents?
- Slippery, Icy, or Wet Surfaces
- Remember to prepare for dangerous weather conditions by shoveling and salting side walks, and placing non-slip mats inside entry ways.
- Uneven Sidewalks or Pavement
- Poorly Lit Areas
- Blocked Aisles and Hallways
- Cluttered Surfaces
- Insufficient Work Place Training
- Dangerous jobs, like construction, often require extensive training, and without it, workers can be injured when they are walking on slick or extremely narrow services.
- Nursing Home Neglect
- The elderly often suffer slip and fall accidents when they are not properly assisted. They are more likely to suffer from a slip and fall because a person's center of balance begins to deteriorate with age.
Half of all Slip and Fall Cases are a direct result of hazardous surfaces. These types of conditions make something as simple as walking a dangerous task, and it is easy to see why so many Slip and Fall Accidents occur each year.
What Are The Most Common Georgia Slip and Fall Injuries?
- Knee, Ankle, or Wrist Sprains and Fractures
- A sudden fall can cause a person to twist their knee or ankle causing a sprain or fracture. Also, when a person is falling it is instinctive to put your hands out in front of you to attempt to catch yourself. Unfortunately, this often results in breaking the wrist or forearm.
- Shoulder Dislocation
- If you fall hard, or at an odd angle, the jolt can often times cause your shoulder to become dislocated. This injury can be very painful and occasionally effect the nerves in your arm, hand, and back.
- Hip Fractures
- Hip fractures from slip and fall injuries are common among the elderly. Bones begin to weaken with age and a hard enough fall can easily crack the hip bone. These injuries usually require surgery and a hip replacement, which can be fatal to an elderly person.
- Back and Spine Injuries
- A common slip and fall injury is tweaking the back. Twisting as a result of a fall can cause some severe pain and stiffness. It can also cause a "slipped" or herniated disc. This usually results in pain and sometimes the need for surgery. Extreme cases include the loss of function in most body parts.
- Slip and Fall Accidents are the greatest cause for head injuries. Hitting your head off of an object or the ground can result in concussion, contusions, or even traumatic brain injury.
Sadly, slip and fall cases are difficult to win in Georgia, and most unrepresented people will lose their case. Seeking legal help for a slip and fall accident injury will increase your chances of recovering compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
If you have been injured in a Slip and Fall Accident, due to the negligent actions of someone else, The Brown Firm can help. Georgia's best slip and fall injury lawyers in Savannah, Atlanta, or Athens can help you win your case and obtain the compensation you deserve!
Call today or click on the link below for a Free Case Evaluation with one of our experienced attorneys at The Brown Firm!