8 Questions to Ask When Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
When it comes to finding an experienced personal injury lawyer, you can never ask too many questions. The right personal injury lawyer will help ensure your case goes as smoothly as possible and you get the compensation you deserve. Don’t risk your settlement or your future.
Let’s face it. There are a lot of personal injury lawyers out there. How do you find the right one for you?
The good news is that you can talk to a few attorneys before you decide. Just remember, it’s OK to say no if you don’t feel that they can properly represent you. Try asking these questions to help you make the right decision.
I met with Harry Brown personally and he sat with me for 20 minutes at our initial consultation to explain everything. He even called after my surgery to see how I was doing. I met with him several more times after that and was kept informed about my case throughout. I highly recommend Harry Brown as an attorney.
8 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE YOU HIRE A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
1. When will I speak with an actual lawyer? (If you don’t initially meet with a lawyer)– If you’re struggling just to meet or speak with a lawyer, it’s a clear warning sign that you won’t be getting the appropriate amount of attention your case deserves. At The Brown Firm, you’ll always speak with the lawyer handling your case.
2. What types of personal injury experience do you have?– Confirm their personal injury experience is the best fit for your needs. Also confirm other experience that me help your case. For example, a medical background could help the attorney better understand your injuries.
3. Can you handle cases with very severe (catastrophic) injuries?– These are much more complex, take longer to set up, and require exceptional attention to detail. Sometimes it even makes sense to finish medical treatment first in order to make sure that the final settlement is much more than the original offer.
4. What other staff members will be working on my case?– It’s better to have a highly trained team, in addition to your attorney, working on your case. You want someone to answer your questions when your attorney is in court or not available.
5. How often do your cases go to trial?– Most cases settle and never make it to trial. You want an personal injury attorney who can settle your case when it’s best for you, but also one who is not afraid to fight for your rights in court.
6. Will your firm handle my case if it has to go to court?– Many lawyers don’t take their own cases to court, and will pass your case to another firm. At the Brown Firm, we have our own in-house litigation department.
7. What is your fee?– You should not have to pay any money until the attorney collects on your behalf. But what percentage of that will the attorney keep? If the fees are 33% of the settlement or higher, you are paying too much!
8. When I call with a question, how long will it take for you to return my call?– When you have a question, it’s important to get it answered. The Brown Firm will return emergency calls immediately, and other calls within 24 hours.
CONTACT THE GEORGIA PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS AT THE BROWN FIRM TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Our team of Georgia Personal Injury Lawyers understands how confusing and stressful it can be when you are injured. Let The Brown Firm help you with your case. We know the importance of great customer service, so you’ll work directly with a lawyer and a team who will call you back, help you understand your legal options, and fight for what you deserve.
Ready to Talk to a Lawyer Who Has Your Back?
Protecting the Injured – that’s what we do at The Brown Firm
With three Georgia Personal Injury offices including Savannah, Atlanta, and Athens, you can rest assured that our attorneys will go the distance to handle your case and won’t rest until we get results. To schedule a free consultation, please call us at (888) 391-9112 or click the link below.
Our Recent Personal Injury Articles
You’re eager to get your settlement money and move on with your life. However, a few things must happen before it’s in your hands. Learn how we can help.
Kelly had a broken bone, daily pain, and visible scaring because of an accident he didn’t cause. Learn how The Brown Firm helped him get the money he deserved.
Whiplash is common, but not usually very easy to prove. This article digs into what whiplash is, why it’s a challenge to prove, and how an attorney can help.
Employers offer workers’ compensation to pay for injuries and lost income after an employee’s car accident. But is that the only option workers have?
Neck and back injuries are common after a car accident, although some don’t show up right away. Learn how to seek compensation and how an attorney can help.
How do you prove who’s at fault when there are no witnesses to support your claim? Learn how fault works under the law and how an attorney can help.
Keely was rear-ended on the interstate, and then hit again by someone who was trying to help. Find out how The Brown Firm helped her get compensation.
Shirley was wrongfully faulted for an accident she didn’t cause, and other lawyers wouldn’t help. Learn how The Brown Firm dug deeper to turn her case around.
Injured people may be surprised when they’re followed by a private investigator, but it does happen. Learn how to protect your case, and how a lawyer can help.
Wondering if a car making a left turn is always at fault in an accident? Find out now. The Brown Firm discusses right of way laws and common exceptions to...
Get the Answers and Compensation You Deserve
You’ll notice the difference when you contact The Brown Firm! Our local dedicated attorneys want to help you recover and rebuild. We serve all of Georgia and South Carolina from four conveniently located offices.
Schedule your free consultation by calling (912) 324-2498 or completing our simple online form.